nikkibpss1 Guest

Exclamation Dangling Modifiers

Modifiers Flying over the oak tree, the farmer saw the flock of birds that had damaged his crops.
    Your answer: 1. Flying over the oak tree, the farmer saw his damaged crops the flock of birds had damaged.

Dangling Modifiers Ironing out all wrinkles, the pants looked much more presentable.

Your answer: 2.

Dangling Modifiers The police chief posted the mandate against hubcap theft on Monday afternoon.
    Your answer: 3.

Dangling Modifiers Until the beef has been rubbed with garlic oil, do not put it into the skillet.
    Your answer: 4.

Dangling Modifiers He found his glasses crawling under the couch.
    Your answer: 5.

Predication Our resolutions should begin at midnight on January 1.
    Your answer: 6.

Predication The reason for the cat’s illness is because she was allergic to the dog.
    Your answer: 7.

Predication A book that has an exciting introduction and a surprising ending would be the best story for me to read.
    Your answer: 8.

Predication The driving exam is when one is tested on the rules of the road.
    Your answer: 9.

Predication The Homeowners’ Association rules were created to ensure that the neighborhood looked nice.
    Your answer: 10.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dangling Modifiers

Dangling Modifier... would this be equivalent to wearing your athletic supporter?

Wholeman

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikkibpss1 View Post
    Modifiers Flying over the oak tree, the farmer saw the flock of birds that had damaged his crops.
    Your answer: 1. Flying over the oak tree, the farmer saw his damaged crops the flock of birds had damaged.

Bad sentence - who is flying over the oak tree?

The farmer saw the flock of birds, that had damaged his crops, flying over the oak tree.

Now try answering the rest

Dangling Modifiers Ironing out all wrinkles, the pants looked much more presentable.

Your answer: 2.

Dangling Modifiers The police chief posted the mandate against hubcap theft on Monday afternoon.
    Your answer: 3.

Dangling Modifiers Until the beef has been rubbed with garlic oil, do not put it into the skillet.
    Your answer: 4.

Dangling Modifiers He found his glasses crawling under the couch.
    Your answer: 5.

Predication Our resolutions should begin at midnight on January 1.
    Your answer: 6.

Predication The reason for the cat’s illness is because she was allergic to the dog.
    Your answer: 7.

Predication A book that has an exciting introduction and a surprising ending would be the best story for me to read.
    Your answer: 8.

Predication The driving exam is when one is tested on the rules of the road.
    Your answer: 9.

Predication The Homeowners’ Association rules were created to ensure that the neighborhood looked nice.
    Your answer: 10.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree.

There is no question to answer on the post.

No request or indication as to what the poster wants by its posting.

I should have followed my meager attempt at levity with the question of what was the poster's intention or need.

If this is your homework and you want someone else to do it for you, I doubt that is the point of this exercise.

If you don't understand what is being asked of you by your homework, anyone who can help, will help you understand how to accomplish the task without actually taking away the learning experience you would get by trying to answer the activities on your own.

If you make an effort to answer a question, it is more beneficial to you, by showing you how to understand and craft it properly.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat well for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat well for the rest of his life."

Wholeman