• American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: go picnicking?

Quote Originally Posted by Naamplao View Post
    Have you been to Lake Louise? If so did you just see a beautiful small lake or did you hike along the trail to the teahouse/glacier? Nice trail but rocky, eh?

In the winter though snow on the trail packs down and makes it very smooth, like asphalt. Now, if you are sure there will be no snow storms that day you are there, it is a lovely walk in the winter time

I remember Needles, Arizona when I was young. I remember 9:00am and a temperature of 90F. I remember a young boy trying to run across an asphalt street in bare feet....not pretty!

You can always dress to get warmer. There is a limit to taking clothes off
    Naamplao,

Yes, my wife and I hiked the trails at Lake Louise when we visited Alberta last October. We are in awe of the Canadian landscape! Such natural beauty is overwhelming!

Needles is in California, not Arizona... not much to do there except perspire and watch young boys trying to run across the asphalt streets!

As for taking clothes off, the older I get the more people tell me to keep my clothes on!

Cheers,
    Amigos4

Naamplao is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: go picnicking?

Quote Originally Posted by amigos4 View Post

Needles is in California, not Arizona... not much to do there except perspire and watch young boys trying to run across the asphalt streets!
    You are right...it is in CA but I could hit Arizona with a well thrown rock, so I wasn't far off. I was there 40 years ago...who knows, perhaps they redrew the borders since then. We just passed through on our way to Los Angeles.

Anyway, glad you liked Lake Louise...it is only 60 - 90 mins from where I live.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12