Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me to check my formal letter

DSV Ajang Harapan,

Date : 4.11.2007

Pet Gabra
    Marine Operations Manager,

Sir,

Subject: WORK ROTATION
    The subject above refer for your kind attention.
    2. Refer to the ASSB Employment Contract are over to us, the company requires us to work continuously for a period of two months or more and not exceeding three (3) months during any work rotation.
    3. Through our previous experienced, to stay onboard 2 month and up to 90 days is not practicable. Once the duration working day is reached 60 days above, some of our marine colleagues stated to complain of tiredness, unable to concentrate with their task, less of work productivity, absence from work or persistent being late, easy anger (irritability) and some of have a sign and symptom of depression and tendency to break down and weep.
    4. In line with company’s HSE policy there is NO protection of the safe and healthy as well as security of personnel. Therefore we all agreed and suggest the working day in offshore need to reduce to 45 days to 60 days.

We would like to say a million thanks in advance for your kind consideration.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help me to check my formal letter

Pet Gabra
    Marine Operations Manager

Dear Sir,

re: WORK ROTATION

I wish to bring the following to your kind attention:

In accordance with the ASSB Employment Contract, the company requires that we work continuously for a period of two (2) months or greater, but not exceeding three (3) months during any work rotation.

However, experience has shown that staying onboard for more than 2 months is not practicable. On completing the required 60 days work, some of our marine colleagues started to complain of tiredness, inability to concentrate on their work, loss of work productivity, absences from work or persistent unpunctuality, uncharacteristic irritability, and some had a possible sign of depression in the tendency to break down and weep.

This matter is not currently covered by the company’s HSE policy, such that presently the health, safety and security of personnel is being adversely affected. The workers are unanimous in wishing to suggest that the number of working days offshore needs to be reduced to 45 days, with a maximum of 60 days.

Thanking you for your kind consideration of this matter.

Yours sincerely,
    Last edited by David L.; 09-Nov-2007 at 08:45.