aylin_london is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Need Help With Celta Work 1st TP

Hi everyone, I have just started the CELTA course and I have my first Teaching Practice (20 mins) on Tuesday.

I have been given a speaking activity and I am the last person to teach.

I need to do a speaking activity covering the topics of 'NAME, SURNAME, NATIONALITY and PHONE NUMBERS' which will already be taught to them by the previous CELTA students in my group. I need to go over things and make sure they understand all aspects mentioned above in a speaking activity.

So if any ideas for an activity to conduct (preferably in pairs) I would be very greatful.

I am also terrified as it will be my first time teaching anything. Any TIPS would also be great.

Lastly, is there any ideas of how to LEAD-IN to the topic??? PLS PLS PLease HELP ME... THANKS..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Help With Celta Work 1st TP

A good lead in / warm up would be whole class. Have the students listen to you recite with another high level student, a basic dialogue. They write down the info. into columns for each category. Name / nationality etc....

Then repeat with other students to check/record.

See the Lessons in a Can on our community EFL Classroom 2.0 for the Big town / little town cards and how to use in an interview. This would be perfect. Students could then interview each other using a new identity.

I also like giving students different information. They then walk around asking for the information - Is your phone number 265-7868? If they find a match, they link arms and continue.....make matching cards and distribute for each student.

DD