• Czech
      • Home Country:
      • Czech Republic
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry what does it mean? I am confused

Hello,
    I am to sign an agreement but I am little confused about the following expression of time: "Within 15 days of the end of each month, distributor shall report on sales in that month". How do you understand it if we speak for instance about the running month? That distributor shall report within 15 last days of each month (for instance 15-30th November) or within 15 days of the next moth (for instance 1-15th December).
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Marketa

Naamplao is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: what does it mean? I am confused

Quote Originally Posted by jirickova View Post
    Hello,
    I am to sign an agreement but I am little confused about the following expression of time: "Within 15 days of the end of each month, distributor shall report on sales in that month". How do you understand it if we speak for instance about the running month? That distributor shall report within 15 last days of each month (for instance 15-30th November) or within 15 days of the next moth (for instance 1-15th December).

Marketa
    Red is very hard to read.

It is confusing as it is written. How is a "month" defined in this agreement. Sometimes a "sales month" may be defined from the middle of one month to the middle of the next month (eg. August 15 - Sept 14). If this is the case then the statement makes sense...otherwise it doesn't.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: what does it mean? I am confused

Quote Originally Posted by jirickova View Post
    Hello,

Marketa
    "Within 15 days of the end of each month" - ie, the sales report for sales in November must be forwarded within 15 days from the last day of November.

"Distributor shall report on sales in that month" = the month previous - ie November.