Venal is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Motivation letter for a Froggie who have serious lack in English

Hello folks,
    I'm French and I have a motivation letter to write in order to become an english assistant next year, in England.
    The main reason for my trip is to improve my english skill. So, at this day, I have huge lacks !
    For people who have some minutes to loose, please help me to improve my letter.
    I put the letter and its french translation for those who can understand.
    I've put in blue word that I'm not sure and overlined expressions those are maybe not pertinent (if you don't understand them, don't pay any attention to)

Thank you a lot !
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LETTER
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dear Madam or Sir,

With this letter I would like to obtain a teaching post with the assistant program in Englandfor the next year. To introduce myself briefly, I can say that I am currently pursuing studies in history at Toulouse in France. Few years ago, I have studied computer science for two years that gives me strong abilities in this domain.

The assistant program interests me because it makes possible to integrate the secondary education. Actually it fits with my professional aim which is to become a history teacher. Furthermore this job offers correct working time and great income those allow to discover the country in the best conditions.

Due to my studies, I am aware that my English language skills are still to increase. I have studied English during secondary school and high school for about ten years, but it’s not perfect yet. But I constantly try to improve myself by doing personal work. Besides it is one more reason I want to live one year in England. For my point of view, it’s the best way to acquire good accent and talk “true” English, not only based on readings. Added to that, I really want to discover a culture which is not a stranger for me, but not familiar too.

Concerning the work to do, I can assure you of my high motivation and skills. Work is not a strange word for me : every year, during holidays or school year, I used to work for different kinds of jobs. I’m not fearing doing some hours of teaching at all, I take it as a challenge.
    I’ve already worked with children in several cases. I have learnt tennis for two years starting when I was sixteen and I have made a holiday camp with children who had some difficulties in their lives. Sometimes it was difficult but most of the time very fulfilling.

Finally I would say that my English language skills are certainly not the best but I think that my seriousness, my sense of responsibilities, and my experience make up for this lack.

I hope that you will look favourably on my application and that I will hear from you in the near future.
    Yours faithfully,
    [signature]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FRENCH TRANSLATION
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Madame, monsieur,

Par le biais de cette lettre, j’entends postuler à un poste d’assistant en Angleterre pour l’année prochaine. Afin de m’introduire rapidement, je poursuis actuellement des études d’histoire à Toulouse. Il y a quelques année, j’ai eu l’occasion d’étudier l’informatique ce qui m’a donné de solides connaissance dans le domaine.

Le programme d’assistanat m’intéresse tout particulièrement car il me permet d’intégrer l’enseignement secondaire. En fait cela cadre avec mon projet professionnel puisque je veux devenir professeur d’histoire. De plus ce travail offre un temps de travail correct et de bons revenus ce qui rend possible la découverte du pays dans les meilleures conditions.

Du fait de mes études, je suis conscient que mes compétences en anglais sont encore à améliorer. J’ai étudié l’anglais au lycée et dans mes études supérieures pendant environ dix années, mais ce n’est pas encore parfait. Mais j’essaie constamment de m’améliorer en faisant des efforts personnels. D’ailleurs c’est une raison supplémentaire de ma volonté de vivre en Angleterre. Pour moi, c’est le meilleur moyen d’acquérir un bon accent et de parler un « vrai » anglais pas uniquement basé sur des lectures. En plus de tout ceci, j’ai très envie de découvrir une culture, qui, sans m’être étrangère, ne m’est pas familière.

En ce qui concerne le travail à effectuer, je peux vous assurer de mon extrême motivation et de mes compétences. Le travail ne m’est pas inconnu : chaque année, durant les vacances ou l’année scolaire, j’ai l’habitude de travailler dans des postes très différents. Je ne suis absolument pas effrayé par quelques heures d’enseignement ; mieux, je les prends comme un défi !
    J’ai aussi travaillé avec des enfants à plusieurs occasions. J’ai enseigné le tennis pendant deux ans quand j’avais 16 ans et j’ai fait une colonie avec des enfants difficiles. Ce fut parfois difficile mais toujours enrichissant.

Pour terminer, je voudrai dire que même si mes compétences linguistiques ne sont certainement pas les meilleures, je pense que mon sérieux, mon sens des responsabilités et mon expérience compensent ce défaut.

J’espère que vous considérerez favorablement ma candidature et que j’aurai des nouvelles de votre part dans un futur proche.

Veuillez agréer, Madame, Monsieur, mes salutations les plus distinguées.

[signature]

Venal is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Motivation letter for a Froggie who have serious lack in English

Nobody can helps me here ?

So bad...

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Madam or Sir, Sir or Madam

With this letter [delete - not necessary] I would like to obtain a teaching post with the Assistant Programme in England for the next year. To introduce myself briefly, I can say that I am currently pursuing studies in history at Toulouse in France. A few years ago, I have studied [studied] computer science for two years that gives me strong abilities in this domain.

The Assistant Programme interests me because it makes possible to integrate the secondary education. Actually it [omit - better without it] fits with my professional aim which is to become a history teacher. Furthermore this job offers correct working time and great income [a reasonable income and proper working hours] Those will allow me to discover the country in the best conditions.

Due to my studies, I am aware that my English language skills are still to increase[need to improve]. I studied English during secondary school and high school for about ten years, but it’s not perfect yet. But I constantly try to improve myself by doing personal work. Besides it is one more [This is one] reason I want to live in England for a year. For my point of view, it’s the best way to acquire good accent and talk “true” English, not English based only on reading. Added to that, I really want to discover [experience] a culture which is not a stranger for me, but not familiar too.

Concerning the work to do,[omit] I can assure you of my high motivation and skills. Work is not a strange word for me : every year, during holidays or school year, I used to work for [in] different kinds of jobs. I’m not fearing [afraid of] doing some hours of teaching at all. I take it as a challenge.

I’ve already worked with children in several cases [on several occasions {{but you could omit this}}]. I have learnt tennis for two years starting when I was sixteen and I have made a holiday camp with children who had some difficulties in their lives. Sometimes it was difficult but most of the time very fulfilling.

Finally I would say that my English language skills are certainly not the best but I think that my seriousness, my sense of responsibilities, and my experience make up for this lack.

I hope that you will look favourably on my application and that I will hear from you in the near future.

Yours faithfully,
    [signature]

Good luck

Venal is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Anglika !

I appreciate the fact that you have spent your own time to correct this letter.

I really owe you one !

See you an other time !