• Post Thanks / Like

Please help me to improve my presentation

Hi everyone,

I have made following material for my presentation please do read and give me advise to make it more better.Thanks in advance :)

My presentation is:
    Hi,
    My name is Umair and I’m goanna talk to you on the 5th c of effective communication. It is clarity. This word is deriving from the English word “clear”. So we can state the main purpose of clarity is the make you speech more understandable by using simple words and by constructing effective sentences and paragraphs.
    In accordance with upper definition we say easily say that clarity has two main points.
    Number one: choosing precise, familiar and common words.
    Number two: is to construct effectual sentences and paragraphs.
    According to first point, our word selection should be very easy to understand and it should be consisting on very familiar and common words. Like if we use the word “diversity”, most of us may not understand what does it mean but instead of it, if we use the word “supposition” or “hypothesis” it would be more easier to understand than that and everyone can make a guess about it that it would be giving the mean of “thinking”. In the same sense, we also should not use Latin terms like e.g, circa and etc. Instead of that we should use some appropriate English synonyms of it.
    Although it is appropriate to use technical terms and business jargons in some professional situation but avoid it when you communicate with a person who is not familiar with these terminologies. If these terms are necessary to use, then you must define them briefly and clearly. If you don’t you may embarrass and confuse the reader. You may enforce to explain later. So always remember the reader’s capability to understand things like if you are talking with an illiterate person who even cannot understand Urdu and you are using English words with him he shall think that even you know his mental ability and than what the hell of you are saying. So we can say that understanding the audience helps writer to choose familiar words.
    Now let us come to our second point, which is to construct effective sentences and paragraphs. It has several other points to remember.
    First one is the length of the sentence and shorter sentences are more preferable than longer one and the recommended length of an average sentence is 17 to 20 words because more words may divert reader’s attention and may lose its attraction.
    The second one is your sentence should be strict with the basic theme of your message and your all sentences should indicating the main idea.
    The third point is coherence. In the coherent sentence the words are correctly arranged so that the ideas clearly express the intended meaning.
    The forth and the last point is to concentrate and give most of your importance on main idea in the largest part of your speech and in your written material.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help me to improve my presentation

Quote Originally Posted by umairzaidee View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have made following material for my presentation please do read and give me advise to make it more better.

Say:
    I have made following material for my presentation. Please read it and give me advice on how to make it better.
    1. Use punctuation.
    2. Space after punction marks and between paragraphs.

~R

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umairzaidee View Post
    My name is Umair and I’m goanna talk to you on the 5th c of effective communication. It is clarity. This word is deriving from the English word “clear”. So we can state the main purpose of clarity is the make you speech more understandable by using simple words and by constructing effective sentences and paragraphs.
    Say:
    My name is Umair, and I am going to talk to you about the 5th c of effective communication. It is clarity. The word is derived from the English word clear. You achieve clarity by making your speech more understandable by using simple words and by constructing effective sentences and paragraphs.
    ~R

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like