Post Thanks / Like

Default I got a job and I want to say thank you!!

Dear Friends,

Today I just met two professors of the stuff of my future job. I would like to send an email to the professor in charge because since the first moment we have been emailing each other. I think it will be good if a write an email and say thank you.

I wrote the next sentences, please help me to correct any grammatical mistake or inadequate expression.

Dear Prof. :

Thank you very much for the pleasant time I had this afternoon meeting both of you. Through our conversation, I have a much clearer understanding about the opening of French classes at Luterian Institute from next year. Truly I am very delighted and excited about teaching French at Luterian Institute; I appreciate your time to show me the classrooms because after seeing them I am very much motivated because I saw the classrooms where in a near future I will be teaching French. Besides, I think the classrooms are very well equipment and very much modern; I am looking to use these advantageous resources in my French classes.
    I also very much appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge on anthropological research and experience with me.

Sincerely,

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I got a job and I want to say thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by yrmacita View Post
    Dear Friends,

Today I just met two professors of the stuff of my future job.
    Don't you mean staff? Anyhow, you might want to try:
    Today I met two professors who are going to be colleagues of mine where I am going to be working.
    I would like to send an email to the professor in charge because since we met we have been emailing each other. I think it will be good idea if I would write an email and say thank you.

I wrote the following sentences. Please help me correct any grammatical mistakes or inadequate expressions.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Prof. :

Thank you very much for the pleasant time I had this afternoon meeting both of you. Through our conversation, I have a much clearer understanding about the opening of French classes at Luterian Institute from next year. Truly I am very delighted and excited about teaching French at Luterian Institute; I appreciate your time to show me the classrooms because after seeing them I am very much motivated because I saw the classrooms where in a near future I will be teaching French. Besides, I think the classrooms are very well equipment and very much modern; I am looking to use these advantageous resources in my French classes.
    I also very much appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge on anthropological research and experience with me.

Sincerely,

Try:
    Dear Prof. :

Thank you very much for the pleasant time I had this afternoon meeting both of you. Through our conversation, I have a much clearer understanding about the opening of French classes at Luterian Institute from next year. Truly I am very delighted and excited about teaching French at Luterian Institute; I appreciate your time showing me the classrooms, because after seeing them I am very much motivated because I saw the classrooms where in the near future I will be teaching French. I think the classrooms are very well equipped and very modern; I am looking forward to using those advantageous resources in my French classes.

I also very much appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge about anthropological research and experience with me.

Sincerely,

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The last sentence ("I very much appreciate....") could be better, but it is, I suppose, adequate. Certainly, it is not possible to share experience. (We can tell people about our experiences, but we cannot share them.)

~R

Post Thanks / Like

Dear friend,

Thank you very much for your advise, I tried to improve my letter and wrote this, what do you think?

Dear Prof.

Thank you very much for the pleasant time I had yesterday meeting you both. I am really delighted and excited about teaching French, and I appreciate the time you spent showing me the classrooms. After seeing them I am very motivated because that is where I will be teaching French in a near future. Besides, I think the classrooms are very well equipped and modern; I am looking forward to using these advanced resources in my French classes.
    I also appreciate very much your willingness to share information about your research work and the conferences at AJTP Association and JIWS. I am very much interested and my husband too, we both will try to attend the conference this weekend.

Sincerely,

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Corrections, suggestions in red.

Dear friend,

Thank you very much for your advice. I tried to improve my letter and wrote this. What do you think?

Dear Prof.

Thank you very much for the pleasant time I had yesterday meeting you both. I am really delighted and excited about teaching French, and I appreciate the time you spent showing me the classrooms. After seeing them I am very motivated because that is where I will be teaching French in the near future. Besides, I think the classrooms are very well equipped and modern; I am looking forward to using these advanced resources in my French classes.
    I also appreciate very much your willingness to share information about your research work and the conferences at AJTP Association and JIWS. I am very much interested in the subject, and my husband is too. We both will try to attend the conference this weekend.

Sincerely,

Note:
    You could say also instead of too in the next to last sentence.
    (The word reprinted in white is a suggested deletion.)