Thread: Future Tense

Post Thanks / Like

Default Future Tense

The calendar flashed March 4, 2050. Oh, right, I thought. Itís my birthday. I am 67 years old and what do I have to do? At the moment, my husband shouted. ďI ready meal for you! Clean promptly!Ē So I dropped my robe onto the floor and stepped into the wind cleaner. Forty-five seconds later, water is dispensed to clean and rinse my teeth. I donít need to do anything. Everything is automatic.

After meal with my husband, I thought what I do for me. I was supposed to be on elevator by 8:00 AM on my way to my job 60 floor below. Present is different in the past I lived. Every old people are so healthy and they can work if they want to do. Frankly, the reason is so many old people are working may be to find their lifeís meaning in tedious world. Anyway, today I decide to give myself a birthday treat. I took the elevator up, rising 150 floors to the roof. I strapped one of the waiting oxygen masks provided by the exit doors and walked outside into the open air.

I felt the oppressive heat hit me like brick wall. My suit, especially chosen for my birthday, was instantly soaked with personal dew. ďOh, this is no treat,Ē I said to the close fitting mask as I turned back to the door. I pushed the button once, twice, thrice but the door remained shut. I pounded on the button to no avail. Through teary eyes I looked at the little diagram to the emergency entrance. I didnít need to. I already knew it was all the way on the other side of the building, and up a thirty foot ladder that was doubtlessly so hot one could hardly bear to touch it. Soon the watch recognizing my vital factors started to ring, and then a robot came out in the sky.

After a little I am again my house. There are no trees, wind, and sun in this place. I am living such a age.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Future Tense

Quote Originally Posted by kumddadda View Post
    The calendar flashed March 4, 2050. Oh, right, I thought. Itís my birthday. I am 67 years old and what do I have to do? At that moment, my husband shouted. ďI have a meal ready for you! Clean promptly!Ē So I dropped my robe onto the floor and stepped into the wind cleaner. Forty-five seconds later, water is dispensed to clean and rinse my teeth. I donít need to do anything. Everything is automatic.

~R

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Future Tense

Corrections and suggestions in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by kumddadda View Post
    After meal with my husband, I thought what I do for me. I was supposed to be on elevator by 8:00 AM on my way to my job 60 floor below. Present is different in the past I lived. Every old people are so healthy and they can work if they want to do. Frankly, the reason is so many old people are working may be to find their lifeís meaning in tedious world. Anyway, today I decide to give myself a birthday treat. I took the elevator up, rising 150 floors to the roof. I strapped one of the waiting oxygen masks provided by the exit doors and walked outside into the open air.
    After a meal with my husband, I wondered what I would do for myself. I was supposed to be on elevator by 8:00am on my way to my job 60 floors below. The present is different from the past I lived. old people are quite healthy, and they can work if they want to. Frankly, the reason is so many old people are working may be to find their lifeís meaning in a tedious world. Anyway, today I decide to give myself a birthday treat. I take the elevator up, rising 150 floors to the roof. I strapp on of the waiting oxygen masks provided by the exit doors and walk outside into the open air.

: