Unregistered Guest

Default The President of Pakistan--his reasons for doing what he does

Dear teachers kindly check this short aticle and highlight my weak areas and give me score out of 10. Grammar, Punctuations, expression etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

President of Pakistan as a chief of Pakistan Army staff declared the state of emergency in Pakistan today. In this recent speech to the nation he announced the reasons behind this act. These are:non coordination among the pillars of state, rising religious extremism.

President’s act of declaring emergency can be seen as an act of realism. Realism states that human by nature can not be true,nice and honest all the times. He always tries to protect some interests. As a president of a country, Musharraf has the right to do anything illegal and evil in the benefit of Pakistan’s national interest. According to him the prime interest of Pakistan in the restoration of democracy and for this “state of emergency” is inevitable. In his message to the critics he said,” Do not expect the level of democracy you learnt over a period of centuries. We are trying to learn it and I know we are doing well. Do not expect the level of human rights you learnt over a period of centuries. We are trying to learn it and I know we are doing well.” He also quoted the statement of Abraham Lincoln , “Sometimes we amputate limbs to preserve life; similarly, presidents must occasionally violate the Constitution to save it.” He says that he is violating and suspending the constitution to save it.

Non coordination among the pillars of state — judiciary, legislatives and executives– is the main cause of this recent emergency. The situation started after a presidential reference against the chief justice of Pakistan, Chudhry Iftrkhar. The reference brought a wave of law violation ad mass level and involvement of political elements in the protest against the reference. Supreme judicial council gave decision in favour of Justice and Govt. accepted the decision. Afterwords there erupted a legal war among the pillars of state where judiciary was the main dominating factor. This resulted in a chaos and unstable Government.Pakistan’s presidential elections 2007 were plunged into this war too.

There is a rising wave of religious extremist in Pakistan.July 2007 Lal Masjid militants in Islamabad, march 2004 to present Talibans in Wazeristan and FATA and oct. 2007 Swaat operation are recent examples of this. Moreover, Judiciary is continuously victimizing the Govt. in Lal Masjid crisis. 100 arrested people were freed by supreme court of Pakistan. President says that those people might be a part of recent bomb blasts in Pakistan.

What do to next? In Musharraf’s view, ” Democratic transition” will continue as normal. He will be launching the 3rd phase of this transition — a fully democratic elected Government under a civil president , Musharraf if elected –. He defines democratic transition as a continuous process in which first he maintained the military rule upto 2002 then from 2002 to 2007 a fully functional democratic Govt. under a military president and now the third phase.

Act of announcing emergency was right or wrong it’s your own choice. But these were the views of Mr. President.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The President of Pakistan--his reasons for doing what he does

As far as content is concerned, I give you a score of 7 out of 10. The article needs help in the areas of punctuation and usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    President of Pakistan as a chief of Pakistan Army staff declared the state of emergency in Pakistan today. In this recent speech to the nation he announced the reasons behind this act. These are:non coordination among the pillars of state, rising religious extremism.
    Try:
    The President of Pakistan as Chief of Staff of the Pakistan Army declared a state of emergency in Pakistan today. In a recent speech to the nation he announced the reasons for declaring a state of emergency. Those reasons are noncoordination among the pillars of state and rising religious extremism.
    ~R

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

President’s act of declaring emergency can be seen as an act of realism. Realism states that human by nature can not be true,nice and honest all the times. He always tries to protect some interests. As a president of a country, Musharraf has the right to do anything illegal and evil in the benefit of Pakistan’s national interest. According to him the prime interest of Pakistan in the restoration of democracy and for this “state of emergency” is inevitable. In his message to the critics he said,” Do not expect the level of democracy you learnt over a period of centuries. We are trying to learn it and I know we are doing well. Do not expect the level of human rights you learnt over a period of centuries. We are trying to learn it and I know we are doing well.” He also quoted the statement of Abraham Lincoln , “Sometimes we amputate limbs to preserve life; similarly, presidents must occasionally violate the Constitution to save it.” He says that he is violating and suspending the constitution to save it.
    Try:
    The President’s act of declaring a state of emergency can be seen as an act of realism. Realism states that a person by nature can not be true, nice and honest all the time. He always tries to protect some interests. As a president of a country, Musharraf has the right to do anything illegal and evil in the benefit of Pakistan’s national interests. According to him, the prime interest of Pakistan in the restoration of democracy and the “state of emergency” was unavoidable. In his message to the critics he said,” Do not expect the level of democracy you learnt over a period of centuries. We are trying to learn it and I know we are doing well. Do not expect the level of human rights you learnt over a period of centuries. We are trying to learn it and I know we are doing well.” He also quoted the statement of Abraham Lincoln , “Sometimes we amputate limbs to preserve life; similarly, presidents must occasionally violate the Constitution to save it.” He says that he is violating and suspending the constitution to save it.
    ~R

Dr.malik is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much. I was not expecting a reply from you.
    Can you please suggest me some books etc.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.malik View Post
    Thank you so much. I was not expecting a reply from you.
    Can you please suggest me some books etc.
    I do not have any suggestions about what books to read. However, following is the most confusing paragraph in the article.
    Non coordination among the pillars of state — judiciary, legislatives and executives– is the main cause of this recent emergency. The situation started after a presidential reference against the chief justice of Pakistan, Chudhry Iftrkhar. The reference brought a wave of law violation ad mass level and involvement of political elements in the protest against the reference. Supreme judicial council gave decision in favour of Justice and Govt. accepted the decision. Afterwords there erupted a legal war among the pillars of state where judiciary was the main dominating factor. This resulted in a chaos and unstable Government.Pakistan’s presidential elections 2007 were plunged into this war too.
    Do what you can to clean it up, and then I will post additional comments when I have time to do so.

~R