Letter of complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greekgirl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Can you please, help me with this letter for the CPE? Thank you very much.

TASK
You have seen a commercial on your local television station which appeared during a children's programme. You feel that an advertisement of this type is not suitable for showing on children's TV. Write a letter of complaint to the television company, explaining why you object to it and what you would like them to do about it. 300-350 words

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to complain about the advertisement which I recently saw aired during the commercials of the children’s weekend TV programme.

I am referring to the advertisement which shows 6 beautiful, young children playing in the school yard when a new-at-school child walks up to them and asks if she can play with them. She immediately gets rejected owing to not wearing the specific brand of clothes advertised which the rest of the children are all wearing. To begin with, this brand’s fashion line costs a lot more than the average, employed householders can afford. It is common knowledge that most families’ financial situations are tight and this is no time for lavishness.

The children, at the most impressionable age they will ever be, should learn the value of money and demanding to get a lovely pair of trendy trousers as a prize for getting good grades or eating right or simply as a Christmas present will not teach them this lesson.

To make matters worse, the impact that this advertisement is making on the children’s morale and self-confidence, especially on those unpopular and introverted ones, is literally crushing. Not only do they have to face challenges in the grounds of homework load at school, but they now must go under even more peer pressure in and out of school.

I would like to request that this advertisement is removed from your commercial breaks during the children’s zone. Its place can be filled in by messages about developing healthier eating habits at a young age or simply by extending the air time of the educational shows on the children’s TV. I have already made a written complaint to the advertising company, indenting on their riddance of the fashion company concerned as their clients. I enclose a copy of this letter for your reference.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

encs.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Suggestions in red.

TASK

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to complain about the advertisement which I recently saw aired during the commercials of the children’s weekend TV programme.

I am referring to the advertisement which shows 6 beautiful, young children playing in the school yard when a new child walks up to them and asks if she can play with them. She immediately gets rejected because she is not wearing the right clothes--the ones being advertised. To begin with, this brand’s fashion line costs a lot more than the average, employed householders can afford. It is common knowledge that most families’ financial situations are tight and this is no time for lavishness.

The children, at the most impressionable age they will ever be, should learn the value of money and demanding to get a lovely pair of trendy trousers as a prize for getting good grades or eating right or simply as a Christmas present will not teach them this lesson.

To make matters worse, the impact that this advertisement is making on the children’s morale and self-confidence, especially on those unpopular and introverted ones, is literally crushing. Not only do they have to face challenges in the grounds of homework load at school, but they now must undergo even more peer pressure in and out of school.

I would like to request that this advertisement be removed from your commercial breaks during the children’s zone. Its place can be filled in by messages about developing healthier eating habits at a young age or simply by extending the air time of the educational shows on the children’s TV. I have already made a written complaint to the advertising company. I enclose a copy of this letter for your reference.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

encs.

What do you think?
:)

Greekgirl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thank you very much.

(The essay was due yesterday so I 'll have to wait for my teacher to give it back to me corrected.

Before I handed it in, though, I had changed
new-at-school child
to "novice", cos it felt right.)

Again, thank you very much.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location