kyskulia is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post could You check this formal letter

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to inform you about environmental issues and how to solve them, because they are increasing every year . I am concerned about our local areas environmental problems also.

Environmental issues are becoming the biggest problem in our world. The amounts of carbon dioxide emissions are increasing every year, the statutes that regulates pollutants set effortless standards to the companies. Companies become transnational and it is harder to regulate the pollutant they emit. Governments are concerned only about their own borders. Many politicians have close links to industry and work together with it, they are corrupt, try to get their own benefit, become manufactories accomplices.

There are several ways solving these problems. Firstly, NGO. Anon-
    governmental organizations (NGOs) are trying to stop our planet pollution, but they are still unwelcome and restricted in many countries. Secondly,
    environmentally-aware citizens should participate in civil society to pressure government and business, and press for stricter international environmental laws and harsher punishments for planet polluters.

I am concerned about situation in Šiauliai. What is water and air pollutions? Are they increasing a lot? Have Talšos lake been cleaned , was ES support enough to do that ? Will we have another dump or Kairių dump will be expanded ? I also would like to know the main local environmental problems in Šiauliai.

I would like to know if there are any projects, actions in our city, which try to stop pollution and how ordinary people can go in with it. I would also like to find out who responsible for pollutant's regulations is.

Sorry for the interrupting, I hope You will pay attention to these problems and their solutions. I will appreciate if you answer my questions.

Yours faithfully,
    Sara Duk

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: could You check this formal letter

Quote Originally Posted by kyskulia View Post

I am writing to inform you about environmental issues and how to solve them, because they are increasing every year . I am concerned about our local areas environmental problems also.
    Try:
    I am writing to talk about environmental problems and to explain how to solve them. It is important that we solve these environmental problems, because the damage to the environment is getting worse every year.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is pollution one of the biggest problems in the world? Are the standards too easy to meet? Are the regulations toothless? What is special about NGOs (non-governmental organizations)?

~R

kyskulia is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyskulia View Post
    Environmental issues are becoming the biggest problem in our world. The amounts of carbon dioxide emissions are increasing every year, the statutes that regulates pollutants set effortless standards to the companies. Companies become transnational and it is harder to regulate the pollutant they emit. Governments are concerned only about their own borders. Many politicians have close links to industry and work together with it, they are corrupt, try to get their own benefit, become manufactories accomplices.
    Pollution is one of the biggest problems in the world. The amounts of carbon dioxide emissions are increasing every year. The statutes that regulate pollutants are toothless. companies have become transnational, and it is harder to regulate the pollutants they emit. Governments are concerned only with happens within their own borders. Many pollutions have close links to industry and have close ties to the companies they are supposed to regulate.