cyh987 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Modern Communication

This is an article which i translated from korean.
    please correct my article(it's ok though you change everything or change the part with better expression.) and put some comments for what i have to fix out and skills i have to have for writing. Thanks!!

"In the past, people made a communication through meeting each other or using memoes and letters. only for few kilometers distance, they had to go for correspondence or had to wait for someone like post officer who can deliver their letters. But over the past century, lots of changes have taken place in the commuication field. In 1930s, telephone come to various places over the world which let to the immediate vocal communication through lines.
    Today most of us use a telephone as a fast and easy tool. But this is limited to vocal communication. i.e. we need to say words for communication with a phone. We, however, can find information in other forms. For instance, it requires us to read a written data, if we want to find a book or a speech of a presdent in a library. This kind of information is hard to get with a telephone.
    It is also hard to get pictures with a phone. We can use a fax machine using telephone line for trasferation of written informations or drawings. This way, however, is slow and costs high. Over the past two or three decades, we can forward written or drawn informations to far distance in a cheap and fast way, due to a technical development. We call this development as a personal computer."

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Modern Communication

Quote Originally Posted by cyh987 View Post
    This is an article which I translated from korean.
    please correct my article(it's ok though you change everything or change the part with better expression.) and put some comments for what I have to fix out and skills I have to have for writing. Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyh987 View Post
    "In the past, people made a communication through meeting each other or using memoes and letters. only for few kilometers distance, they had to go for correspondence or had to wait for someone like post officer who can deliver their letters. But over the past century, lots of changes have taken place in the commuication field. In 1930s, telephone come to various places over the world which let to the immediate vocal communication through lines.
    Today most of us use a telephone as a fast and easy tool. But this is limited to vocal communication. i.e. we need to say words for communication with a phone. We, however, can find information in other forms. For instance, it requires us to read a written data, if we want to find a book or a speech of a presdent in a library. This kind of information is hard to get with a telephone.
    It is also hard to get pictures with a phone. We can use a fax machine using telephone line for trasferation of written informations or drawings. This way, however, is slow and costs high. Over the past two or three decades, we can forward written or drawn informations to far distance in a cheap and fast way, due to a technical development. We call this development as a personal computer."
    Suggestions:
    In the past, people communicated in person or by letter. Long distance communication was slow. It might be weeks before a person could receive a response to a letter.

Communication by email is fast and cheap.
    ~R