Post Thanks / Like

Language disintegration

Hi,
    I feel much better in writing than in talking. I recorded a story that I was trying to tell and it came in the following way:
    "Do you know the story of J and his son. Once they were riding a donkey and then people passed by and they said: well these people are very cruel, both of them are riding a donkey and they felt pitiful for the donkey. So, J heard them and he told his son to walk beside him and he kept on riding the donkey and then other people passed by and they said this man his very cruel he let his son walk beside the donkey while he is riding it , he should feel petty for his son. J heard them and then he asked his son to ride the donkey and j himself walked beside the donkey. Then other people passed by and they said this young man is very cruel, he let his old father walk whereas he has more strength and he is riding the donkey. J heard his son and told his son to walk beside himself and leave the donkey walking by itself without anyone riding it. And then people passed by and they said this man and his son are fool they are walking beside the donkey whereas they can use it and one of them can ride it. So, they ended up carrying the donkey on their backs."
    am wondering :
    1-if someone can direct me on how to improve my oral english
    2- if someone can correct the above passage so that i would know my mistakes
    3- is it ok if i post in this foprum similar short stories that U am going to record. This would improve my english a lot to realized where are my mistakes.
    Best
    T

riverkid is offline Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Language disintegration

Quote Originally Posted by thomasRavenelli View Post
    Hi,
    I feel much better in writing than in talking. I recorded a story that I was trying to tell and it came in the following way:
    "

Do you know the story of J and his son. Once, they were riding a donkey and then people passed by and they said: "well these people are very cruel, both of them are riding a donkey and they felt [pitiful] pity for the donkey.

[So,] J heard them and he told his son to walk beside him and he kept on riding the donkey and then other people passed by and they said this man [h] is very cruel, he lets his son walk beside the donkey while he is riding it , he should feel [petty] pity for his son.

J heard them and then he asked his son to ride the donkey and j himself walked beside the donkey. Then other people passed by and they said this young man is very cruel, he let his old father walk whereas he has more strength and he is riding the donkey.

J heard [his son] this and told his son to walk beside him [self] and leave the donkey walking by itself without anyone riding it.

And then people passed by and they said this man and his son are fools; they are walking beside the donkey whereas they [can] could use it and one of them can ride it.

So, they ended up carrying the donkey on their backs."

I am wondering :
    1-if someone can direct me on how to improve my oral english

Use spoken English as much as you can. Listen to native speakers and carefully note the differences in how and what they say compared to how you would express the same thing. Try to copy other speakers.

2- if someone can correct the above passage so that i would know my mistakes

I've done so. Good luck.

3- is it ok if i post in this foprum similar short stories that U am going to record. This would improve my english a lot to realized where are my mistakes.
    Best
    T
    Yes, please post as many questions as you like, Thomas.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Language disintegration

Thanks riverkid for your kind support. This is a great website indeed