• Other
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Argentina
      • Current Location:
      • Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A GOOD TEACHER IS LIKE A CANDLE - it consumes itself to light the way for others.

Effective teachers create learning atmospheres which are cognitively and affectively expanding; learning atmospheres which enable the learner to become a more adequate and knowledgeable person.
    Pine and Boy

konungursvia is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A GOOD TEACHER IS LIKE A CANDLE - it consumes itself to light the way for others.

I agree that great teachers do sacrifice themselves in many senses for their students.

rocking is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: A GOOD TEACHER IS LIKE A CANDLE - it consumes itself to light the way for others.

Quote Originally Posted by bianca View Post
    I love my job, but I wouldn't for the world of me accept it to consume me. Teaching with passion and love gives me the energy and inspiration I need to grow as an individual - and with me, my students will do that, too. The day I feel it is otherwise, I quit.
    "A teacher being like a candle" seems to me a translation of a Chinese saying, which originally does imply (at least by the Chinese tradition) much selflessn sacrifice in the profession.

However, due to the increasing commercial trends of education nowadays, many teachers are not ready to teach and inspire more than their responsibility in the contract. this said, there are always (though rare) outstanding teachers who do more.

To my mind, a good teacher is someone who never abuses his/her students verbally; s/he has the talent to lead and inspire the students as their intellectual equals; someone who is willing to learn and knows his/her limits honestly and not shy to admit it; someone who has a genuine interest in every individual. No easy job, indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

English is one of the language which everyone should know. It is one language which spoken in many parts of the world. Thanks to new technology which makes easy for everyone to learn from where they are, I am talking about online learning. Communication is the only way to share the ideas & views, English has truly made the world smaller & univershttp://englishbox.co.uk/</SPAN>

pyoung is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A good teacher, unlike a candle, tries not to suck the air out of the room.

S/he maintains a healthy perspective regarding life and learning, sees students as complex individuals, researches and plans thoroughly, and tries not to waste anybody's time.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The last word.

A good teacher is someone people want to emulate (equal or surpass).

itsme is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, a good teacher is the one who really loves children/people, nature and life. The one is very patient and tolerant, knowing when having to be strict and when to be mild. Especially knowing to refrain from loosing temper and mastering his/her student's psychology is very needed.

Mad-ox is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

A good teacher creates a relaxing atmosphere in the class.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, a good teacher loves being a teacher and be knowledgeable, he/she loves and respects his/her students.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-ox View Post
    hi,

A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others. This statement refers to teachers who do their job (of teaching) with passion and love.

Madox

am totally with you..I am a K.G teacher..its really a hard job..but I like it

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast