- For Teachers
give up: abandon
give in: surrender
Common Mistakes should be organised as follows (for the sake of convenience):
1. lexical common mistakes (False Friends, collocations, phrasal verbs, confusing words (economic/economical)....
2. Grammar Mistakes (tenses, number, prepositions, article...)
3. Specific Mistakes: Mistakes depending on learner's culture and language interference
3. Mistakes in Pronunciation and Spelling
3. Register and Style Mistakes (formal/informal English, business register..), Englishes: Be / AmE...
Last edited by Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim; 26-Dec-2006 at 12:50.