• Post Thanks / Like

Question Could you please review my cover letter?

I am applying to a major consulting firm. I have removed references to the firm's name and other sensitive details by using words like XYZ.

I have presented here only the body of the cover letter. This cover letter will be attached with a resume.

__________________________________________________ _____________

I wish to apply for the position of Consultant in your organization. I am extremely impressed with XYZís approach to management consulting and the culture of teamwork and mutual respect that the firm has. I am confident that the business skills and leadership talents I will gain at XYZ will help me evolve as a professional who can handle any responsibility and overcome any challenge that may come his way.

I received a National-Level Merit Certificate from CBSE in SSC examination, secured 50th rank in the Bihar Combined Competitive Entrance Examination-1999 and graduated from BIT with distinction. At Orion Services, I worked on a multi-million dollar project to automate the entire sales workflow for a global healthcare major and with a US-based automobile manufacturer to manage their vehicle testing and regulatory compliance activities. This experience exposed me to world class management and business practices. Interactions with end users and business analysts spread across three countries in order to develop functional requirements and technical design helped me hone my analytical skills and gave me a holistic understanding of the clientís business. As a result of my strong people management skills, team work, communication and client focus, I received six customer appreciation awards from the client.

Throughout my academic and professional life, I have always been rated highly on result-orientation and initiative by my superiors. At Orion, I was able to successfully implement a few initiatives that improved process efficiency and led to cost savings resulting in enhanced customer satisfaction. My pursuit of a formal course in management was done to gain an understanding of the finer nuances of business and ABC Institute of Business has added structured frameworks and quantitative perspective to my practical knowledge. The highly competitive environment at ABC has helped me learn to prioritize activities and sharpen my time management skills.

My insistence on detail and focus on content that is actionable gives me the right attitude that is required to be successful in the field of consulting. I believe I have the required skills and values to contribute to the culture of knowledge and excellence that XYZ symbolizes.

My resume is enclosed herewith for your kind perusal and favourable consideration. I look forward to interviewing with you to prove my fit for this role.

Sincerely,
    ss1981
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Please let me know if this letter seems unprofessional and if anything needs to be set right.
    Thanks a lot !!!

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could you please review my cover letter?

Excellent!