Alramah is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb wilder places for wild things

I just finished a story titled “wilder places for wild things" which is about the role of zoo in protecting wild animals

i have two questions could any one answer it please, and it is related to this topic which

is "wilder places for wild things"

1) why do you think zoos have taken on the responsibility of preserving endangered species?

2) Why do zoos assume greater importance as more animals move onto the endangered species list?

I’m sorry for giving such a long question and your kind explanation will be a great help for me to improve my English skills

Naamplao is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: wilder places for wild things

Quote Originally Posted by Alramah View Post
    I just finished a story titled “wilder places for wild things" which is about the role of zoo in protecting wild animals

i have two questions could any one answer it please, and it is related to this topic which

is "wilder places for wild things"

1) why do you think zoos have taken on the responsibility of preserving endangered species?

2) Why do zoos assume greater importance as more animals move onto the endangered species list?

I’m sorry for giving such a long question and your kind explanation will be a great help for me to improve my English skills
    hahaha....you have finished writing your story, have you?

It sounds like a sneaky way of getting material for your story to me.

jctgf is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Tuvalu
      • Current Location:
      • Tuvalu
    Post Thanks / Like

well, you said that any one could answer, so... here goes my opinion.

i don't think zoos are so great. if u think carefully, it's a mean place. all the animals in a zoo live within a fence or a cage. it's evil to me.

when i think of zoos, things like the Victorian age come to my mind.

i think a zoo i think of those British hunters, traveling from Britain to Africa in order to hunt elephants, lions and big mammals in general, looking for fame and prestige.

then they created zoos in order to collect and exhibit animal species. i don't think there was anything of magnificent in that, but only the desire of showing their power.

as to zoos being a place for endangered species, i think it's another mistake. human kind is destroying the planet quickly and competently. now, i can't blame the Victorians only, once that my own country burns thousand of square kilometers of the Amazon forest every month.

if u take into account the number and variety of animals and plants around the world u will realize that zoos are tiny drops in an ocean of destruction, and won't make any difference in the end.

that's only an opinion!

regards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naamplao View Post
    hahaha....you have finished writing your story, have you?

It sounds like a sneaky way of getting material for your story to me.
    first, i'm sorry maybe you misunderstood i just finished reading that article.

however, you have to respect me, and if you have an answer for my question, it will be great and i appreciate that. if not please be quite .

your bro Alramah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jctgf View Post
    well, you said that any one could answer, so... here goes my opinion.

i don't think zoos are so great. if u think carefully, it's a mean place. all the animals in a zoo live within a fence or a cage. it's evil to me.

when i think of zoos, things like the Victorian age come to my mind.

i think a zoo i think of those British hunters, traveling from Britain to Africa in order to hunt elephants, lions and big mammals in general, looking for fame and prestige.

then they created zoos in order to collect and exhibit animal species. i don't think there was anything of magnificent in that, but only the desire of showing their power.

as to zoos being a place for endangered species, i think it's another mistake. human kind is destroying the planet quickly and competently. now, i can't blame the Victorians only, once that my own country burns thousand of square kilometers of the Amazon forest every month.

if u take into account the number and variety of animals and plants around the world u will realize that zoos are tiny drops in an ocean of destruction, and won't make any difference in the end.

that's only an opinion!

regards.
    Really thank u for ur answering. i don't know how i can thank u my bro

i'm really appreciate it.

you help me alot my bro thank u again

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alramah View Post
    By finished, you need to make clear whether it is "finished writing" or "finished reading" - it caused me hesitation but the subsequent exchanges now make it clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    By finished, you need to make clear whether it is "finished writing" or "finished reading" - it caused me hesitation but the subsequent exchanges now make it clear.
    thank u for understanding me, and i'm sorry abot that