Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: In reply to Casiopea

    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    ......that's the explanation 8)
    :D :D :wink:

    Why did take so long to find the solution? 8)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: In reply to Casiopea

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    ......that's the explanation 8)
    :D :D :wink:

    Why did take so long to find the solution? 8)
    What solution? :wink:

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: In reply to Casiopea

    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    ......that's the explanation 8)
    :D :D :wink:

    Why did take so long to find the solution? 8)
    What solution? :wink:
    I'd rather remain "silent" now.... :wink:

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: In reply to Casiopea

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    ......that's the explanation 8)
    :D :D :wink:

    Why did take so long to find the solution? 8)
    What solution? :wink:
    I'd rather remain "silent" now.... :wink:
    I was being facetious. Sorry. :(

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: In reply to Casiopea

    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    ......that's the explanation 8)
    :D :D :wink:

    Why did take so long to find the solution? 8)
    What solution? :wink:
    I'd rather remain "silent" now.... :wink:
    I was being facetious. Sorry. :(
    I know :wink:

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    In British airports, you get your luggage from baggage reclaim.
    Only if you do not fly Delta (do not expect luggage to arrive)! :?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostep
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    In British airports, you get your luggage from baggage reclaim.
    Only if you do not fly Delta (do not expect luggage to arrive)! :?

    I think we're changing the topic, aren't we


    Ulli :wink:

  8. #18
    MikeNewYork's Avatar
    MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    13,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Luggage - Baggage

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Hi :wink:

    luggage is used in British English,

    baggage more in American English.

    That's what wanted to add :)

    Ulli
    Americans may use "baggage" more than the Brits, but we use "luggage" for suitcases more than "baggage." We also use "baggage" for people's personal problems. :wink:

  9. #19
    Tdol is online now Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    42,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We use 'baggage' for personal problems and as an insulting term for a difficult woman.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    We use 'baggage' for personal problems and as an insulting term for a difficult woman.
    WHAT?!



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •