Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    We use 'baggage' for personal problems and as an insulting term for a difficult woman.
    WHAT?!


    Impossible, tdol. Casiopea and me have already used baggage for difficult men

    Ulli :wink:

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    We use 'baggage' for personal problems and as an insulting term for a difficult woman.
    WHAT?!


    Impossible, tdol. Casiopea and me have already used baggage for difficult men

    Ulli :wink:
    I was trying, albeit unsuccessfully, to be a difficult woman.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    We use 'baggage' for personal problems and as an insulting term for a difficult woman.
    WHAT?!


    Impossible, tdol. Casiopea and me have already used baggage for difficult men

    Ulli :wink:
    I was trying, albeit unsuccessfully, to be a difficult woman.

    What's being difficult


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Impossible, tdol. Casiopea and me have already used baggage for difficult men
    :D :D Thank you :D :D

    By the by, try,

    Casiopea and I have.... ~ We have... :D

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's a hard grammar topic for me...

    I'll remember


    THX Ulli

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default me or I

    BTW: Is there a case to say me?


    Ulli :wink:

  7. #27
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    42,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    We use 'baggage' for personal problems and as an insulting term for a difficult woman.
    WHAT?!


    Impossible, tdol. Casiopea and me have already used baggage for difficult men

    Ulli :wink:
    We have many words for men without calling them baggage.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default In reply to tdol

    Would tell these names


    Ulli :wink:

  9. #29
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    42,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's Casiopea's job.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: me or I

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulli
    BTW: Is there a case to say me?


    Ulli :wink:
    As the object of a verb or a preposition, me finds its home. :D

    What about, Me, too? It's short form for a very long-winded sentence,

    As for me, I, too, agree/do that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •