Thread: help

Anonymous Guest

Default help

In my childhood years, I never attended church. There was an unwritten code that the guys on the corner were not seen in church's. Although they're many days when I wanted to attend church, I felt I had no choice, but to stay away. If they guys new I had gone to church they would said things like "Hey angel, when are you going to fly?" With my group of friends, its amazing that i developed any religious feelings. Another reason why I did not go to church was because of my father. When he was around the house he told my mother, "mike is no going to church, no boy of mine is a sissy." My mother and sister went to church, while i sat home with my father reading newspapers or watched televison. I did not go to church until years later. After I know longer hung out with the guys on the corner, or let my father have power over me. I began to go to church.

Please tell me if ther are any mistakes. Thank you so much.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

l2- church's- it should be churches
    l2 they're many days- there were many days
    l3 I'd delete the comma before 'but to stay away'
    l3 they guys new- the guys knew
    l4 would said- would have saidl4 its- it's
    l4 i- I
    l5 mike is no going- Mike is not going
    l8 I know loner- I no longer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help

In my childhood years, I never attended church. There was an unwritten code that guys who hung out on the corner didn't go to church. Although there were many days when I wanted to attend church, I felt I had no choice but to stay away. If the guys knew I had gone to church, they would have said things like, "Hey angel, when are you going to fly?" With my group of friends, its amazing that I developed any religious feelings. Another reason why I did not go to church was because of my father. When he was around the house he told my mother, "Mike is no going to church. No boy of mine is a sissy." My mother and sister went to church, while iI sat home with my father reading the paper or watching TV. It wasn't until years later that I finally went to church, after I had stopped hanging out with the guys on the corner and stopped letting my father control me.

Note: Be consistent about your use of contractions. Either use "didn't", "don't" or "did not", "do not". One form or the other, not both. :D