Thread: My diary

Post Thanks / Like

Default My diary

Dearest Diary,

I used to keep a diary when I was a student. When I say 'keep a diary', I wrote down something instead of typing it. But it's much different now, the Internet prevails in daily life, so I change to 'type' my diary. I have been typing a diary for 7 years, and I found myself forgetting Chinese characters little by little, day by day. What a shame! I really appreciate Chinese writing system, especially the greatest calligraphy.

Extremely exhausted now. Got to go. Good night, Diary.

ps. Please help correct. Thank you very much and wish you a sweet dream. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Dearest Diary,

I have been thinking about an idea, to hold an exhibition of my own, drawing. One of my students works part-time at Starbucks where I consider a rather good place to host a public exhibition. Right now, I got two more things to finish although I'm highly questioning myself whether I can finish or not. :? First, I need to collect some funds. Second, I need more time to do a set of drawings. Money is no problem I guess. But I work very longs hours, how can I have spare time to draw, especially I don't like drawing indoors. I love to go out and sit on green green grass and draw fatastic pictures! That's it for now.

Yours, Blacknomi :)

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My diary

Dearest Diary,

I used to keep a diary when I was a student. When I say 'keep a diary', I wrote down something instead of typing it. But it's very different now, the Internet prevails in daily life, so I have changed to 'typing' my diary. I have been typing a diary for 7 years, and I found myself forgetting Chinese characters little by little, day by day. What a shame! I really appreciate the Chinese writing system, especially the greatest calligraphy.

Extremely exhausted now. Got to go. Good night, Diary.

PS- Would it be better with 'great Calligraphy' or are you comparing it to ASrabic and Kapanese and the other great calligraphy, or doyou mean the greatest of Chinese calligraphers' work?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever seen Chinese calligraphy? I've never seen other types you've mentioned. So I did not mean to compare. It is just awesome. :wink:

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen it, but, not speaking or understanind it, I wouldn't really recognise the better examples.