Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I stoped learning because...!!

Hi.

I want to ask is there any important to learn the sounds of English?. Is it enough to to hear to the word for pronunciation in a correct way?

I have another question: which is more important for elemantary learner (vocabulary?) or (grammar?)?

Help me please.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I stoped learning because...!!

Welcome to the forums.

The best way to learn how a language sounds is to listen to it and to try and copy the sounds you hear.

As to vocabulary and grammar, as a learner, you need to learn basic grammar [which you have already done]. I do not think you can say one is more important than the other. Everyone can benefit from a wider vocabulary, even native speakers of a language.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, are you from the UK? I will go there after 2 or 3 months to study the master degree in computer scince

Can you tell me about british english? I sometimes hear to words without 'r' like (baker).. I think in british english we can say baka .. right?

ok ok tell me please cause I'll go there as I told you.

Post Thanks / Like

I see the american pronunciation is more easy. right??

but I need british cause I'll go there.

Post Thanks / Like

It's OK to pronounce the R in words like "baker". Most British people don't pronounce it, but they will understand you if you do. Most Americans do pronounce it, but they will understand you if you don't. Generally, if you speak British English in America, or American English in Britain, you won't have a problem.

In any case, there are some dialects of British English where the R is pronounced -- these are mostly in south-west England and parts of eastern England. And there are some dialects of American English where the R is not pronounced -- for example, in and around Boston.

If you spend a lot of time in Britain, soon your pronunciation will improve and become more "British". The younger you are, the easier this will be to you. The most important thing is to listen and also to speak.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you very much.

Maximize is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the way Moderators here answer the question. It is very polite and patient.

NasiraAdnan is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by It's me View Post
    Hi.

I want to ask is there any important to learn the sounds of English?. Is it enough to to hear to the word for pronunciation in a correct way?

I have another question: which is more important for elemantary learner (vocabulary?) or (grammar?)?

Help me please.

Yeah,definetly,its important to learn phoenetics(im a bit skeptical about the spellings!). They help us to speak english more accurately and confidently.By the way,from where you belong?Every country follow american pronunciation but Britain have had its own.
    With refernce to your second question,i think that vocabulary is more important because as far as i know,grammar has little use in your life,but you have to learn the basics for speaking english correctly,like,past,present and future tense are much important!Well,i hate grammar myself,mind you.You ought to read books like harry potter to increase your vocabulary and improve your grammar!!!!!!!!Gud luck!

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maximize View Post
    I love the way Moderators here answer the question. It is very polite and patient.
    On behalf of us all, thank you.

Mahwish Khan is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

its very important 4 u. Learning is a procedure which has no end. And u have to make strong ur grammer at first, thn u can easily improve ur grammer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast