Thread: future tense

• Post Thanks / Like

future tense

The calendar flashed March 4, 2050. Oh, right, I thought. It’s my birthday. I am 67 years old and what do I have to do? At that moment, my husband shouted. “I have a meal for you! Clean promptly!” So I dropped my robe onto the floor and stepped into the wind cleaner. I don’t need to do anything. Everything is automatic.

After meal with my husband, I wondered what I would do for myself. I was supposed to be on elevator by 8:00 AM on my way to my job 100 floor below. Present is different from the past I lived. Old people are quite healthy, and they can work if they want to. Frankly, the reason is so many old people are working may be to find their life’s meaning in tedious world. There is no more a green forest. Over and over people have wanted high buildings and now everything is done in there. Everyone has thought that is advance of technical and better world.

Anyway, today I decide to give myself a birthday treat. I take the elevator up, rising 50 floors to the station. Though ticket is little expensive, I board in an airport as I rode a bus in the past. And I return to the world in 1990. Although I cannot stay for a long time, I can enjoy the place for a while. Actually this trip made of my memories. I want to feel trees, wind, and soil and so on. One more time I want to hold those feeling in my mind.

Suddenly my ticket starts to flash and notice I have to return. Again I have to return the gray world is everything is so comfortable but I can’t relax in there. Through teary eyes I looked at the precious world.

After a little I am again my house. There are no trees, wind, and sun in this place. I am living such an age.
    Last edited by kumddadda; 26-Oct-2009 at 15:04.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: future tense

Quote Originally Posted by kumddadda View Post
    인하대학생입니다 베끼지 마세요
    The calendar flashed March 4, 2050. Oh, right, I thought. It’s my birthday. I am 67 years old and what do I have to do? At that moment, my husband shouted. “I have a meal for you! Clean promptly!” So I dropped my robe onto the floor and stepped into the wind cleaner. I don’t need to do anything. Everything is automatic.
    After the meal with my husband, I wondered what I would do for myself. I was supposed to be on the elevator by 8:00 AM on my way to my job 100 floors below. The present is different from the past I lived. Old people are quite healthy, and they can work if they want to. Frankly, the reason that so many old people are working may be to find a meaning for like in a tedious world. There are no more green forests. Over and over people have wanted high buildings and now everything is done in these. Everyone believes that is is a better and more advanced world.
    Anyway, today I decide to give myself a birthday treat. I take the elevator up, rising 50 floors to the station. Though the ticket is little expensive, I board in an airport and ride a bus to the past. And I return to the world of 1990. Although I cannot stay for a long time, I can enjoy the place for a while. Actually this trip is made of my memories. I want to feel trees, wind, and soil and so on. One more time I want to hold those feelings in my mind.
    Suddenly my ticket starts to flash and I notice I have to return. I have to return again to the gray world where everything is so comfortable but I can’t relax. Through teary eyes I looked at the precious world.
    After a little I am home again my house. There are no trees, wind, and sun in this place. I am living in such a sad age.