Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation How to have an easy class

hello friends,
    to both students and teachers. please help each pther to have an interesting class as much as it is possible. omce both teacher and student are happy and interested in the class they are involved in, the class will pass quickliy and it would easier on the student to get the ideas his teacger is trying to hand out to this student. teachers, try to be both strict and kind with your student. then you'll be more satisfied about the effort you are putting on your students.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to have an easy class

Are you a teacher?

~R

amyj is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

I've worked in the childcare setting for over nine year, teaching children of all ages and abilities. At the begining of the year I left my job as a nursery manager to travel. I'm now an au pair for a very nice family (this is not quite the job they promised me but i'm out here now) However in all the years i've taught children I have never had such a difficult job! The family want English lessons, with the boys sitting and writing and such so that when the mother comes home she can see what they have done. The eldest has quite bad behavioural problems and no boundries from the parents. The younger is much more placid and enjoys ourtime playing games and such. I've just taken on another boy from the eldest child's school and it is like world war three!!! the youngest and this new boy love all the crafts, games, singing and such butthe eldest spends the entire time shouting over me throwing things trying to get the others to miss behave. I have tried giving concequence to his actions, i've tried trying to find a common intrest, trying to be friends, triying to be firm, everything i can think and nothing is working. Sorry for the long post but please has anyone got any ideas I thought this was the one job I was good at !

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

How aware are the parents of the true extent eldest's behavioural issues?

mary joe is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just follow my student's example. If my student likes to sing, I will sing with him but I will sing the lesson for that day. If my student likes to say funny stories, I will listen to him and add something of my own. When he is not listening, I will tell outrageous things to get his attention. Teaching is fun but it could make you look a hundred years older if you let the students get on your nerves.

amyj is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the posts. Think yeasterday was just a really bad day and I needed to blow steam. As for the singing and stories I have tried this and it works to some extent but will continue with it and hopefully everyday should get better. As for the parents the dad now understands and after walking in on a recent display of his behaviour admits he thinks that there is and has been a problem for a while. Mum's reponce is that he is an individual and she does not want to give him the same strict upbringing she had. Working on clear boundries and expectatons and trying to get the parents to follow but yet to have much responce.

Thank you again for the responces

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

blow off steam
    response

Post Thanks / Like

Are you a teacher?

yes, I am. I think I am giving this tip out of my own experience.
    Last edited by salem_tuweiq; 07-Dec-2007 at 21:02.

Post Thanks / Like

I've worked in the childcare setting for over nine year, teaching children of all ages and abilities. At the begining of the year I left my job as a nursery manager to travel. I'm now an au pair for a very nice family (this is not quite the job they promised me but i'm out here now) However in all the years i've taught children I have never had such a difficult job! The family want English lessons, with the boys sitting and writing and such so that when the mother comes home she can see what they have done. The eldest has quite bad behavioural problems and no boundries from the parents. The younger is much more placid and enjoys ourtime playing games and such. I've just taken on another boy from the eldest child's school and it is like world war three!!! the youngest and this new boy love all the crafts, games, singing and such butthe eldest spends the entire time shouting over me throwing things trying to get the others to miss behave. I have tried giving concequence to his actions, i've tried trying to find a common intrest, trying to be friends, triying to be firm, everything i can think and nothing is working. Sorry for the long post but please has anyone got any ideas I thought this was the one job I was good at !

hello, I do have a piece of advice to give you. I tought in a secondary school. the boys and girls I tought were of 13 and 14 years old. they were so prejudice at the beginning, so i performed being so ,too. I was kind to them, very kind. some acted well, others were so rude, so I decided to show them my teeth. If you find some one who tries to show himself up, don't let him down and don't make yourself happy about what he did. in order not to give him the chance to repeat it again. for your student who teaches his brothers to misbehave, keep giving him advices even if he doesn't listen to. About his other brothers, keep praising them and try to encourage them to take the excellent inlike him who keeps taking good or bad. Keep checking the exercises you give them to find the chance to give them theses excellents, Goods a,d Bads. The topics you are teaching them should all be about topics they interest in, and they should talk about some morals they lack or they need to increase. you know what I mean? I wish you go on.
    Last edited by salem_tuweiq; 07-Dec-2007 at 21:02.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, I didn't get the idea you are talking about. Anyways, if you mean this it is ok " do parents really know how bad and rude in behaviour are their kids?" some do, others do not. Do you know this new style of programmes we have on TV? Super Nanny, NAnny 911? these are terrible, parents do know their troibles but can't deal with them. this is disasteorus, how it could be to bring a foreigner to bring up your kids? and us teachers, we will never be able to deal with a large number of students at same time, surely. they should give a hand. If we really want to be good teachers, we have to let parents aware of what they have made of their children. the others originally don't know about their kids, and this is really dangerous, and we as teachers we have to show them up the truth to give us a hand to deal with their own children.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast