kaiyeungwong is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 300 words to describe an interest(admission essay)

I have not yet finished it...but I have kind of lost track of how to continue the essay...
    please help make my essay looks better...

Revised version:
    As a teenager, I have indulged myself in various pursuits, active and inactive, among which I like the most abnormal one amidst youngsters– reading. It is no more a news that young people nowadays despise reading. It has been perceived as one of the most slumberous extra- curricular activities ever invented. Moreover, unlike an enthusiastic sports doer, who often is a stereotype of strength, muscles and health, a "keen reader" sounds like only a polite way of calling a "bookworm". However to me, reading is no agony. From Shakespeare's Hamlet, to George Orwell’s Animal Farm, and even to J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter, I all embrace with heart. In the perusal of my books, I commiserate, empathize and share joy with the protagonists. This experience in itself is delectable.

Another reason why I hold reading so dear is that, in books justice can for all time be upheld, however subtle it may be. While in reality the truth does not always surface in time to affect events, in books it always does. It warms my heart to discover that good prevails over evil even if that triumph is only fictional.
    Last edited by kaiyeungwong; 13-Dec-2007 at 12:33.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 300 words to describe an interest(admission essay)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiyeungwong View Post
    I
    As a teenager, I have indulged myself in various pursuits, active and inactive, among which I like the most abnormal one amidst the likes of me – reading.
    As a teenager, I have indulged myself in various pursuits, but the one I like the best is reading.

kaiyeungwong is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

any more comments? I want to know how i should continue with my essay...
    of coz if there's still any grammatical mistakes, please tell me.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is no more a news that young people nowadays despise reading.
    It is not news that young people nowadays despise reading.

It has been perceived as one of the most slumberous extra- curricular activities ever invented.
    They find it boring, and they would rather do anything else.

Moreover, unlike an enthusiastic sports doer, who often is a stereotype of strength, muscles and health, a "keen reader" sounds like only a polite way of calling a "bookworm".
    Calling somebody a "keen reader" is not considered complimentary. Many consider reading a chore.

However to me, reading is no agony.
    However, to me, reading is no agony. In fact, it is a pleasure.
    From Shakespeare's Hamlet, to George Orwell’s Animal Farm, and even to J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter, I all embrace with heart. In the perusal of my books, I commiserate, empathize and share joy with the protagonists. This experience in itself is delectable.

Another reason why I hold reading so dear is that, however subtle it is, justice can for all time be upheld. While in reality the truth does not always have ample time to surface, in books, it always does. It warms my heart to learn, or even just imagine that good is to prevail.
    From Shakespeare's Hamlet, to George Orwell’s Animal Farm, and to J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter, I embrace all with heart. In the perusal of my books, I commiserate, empathize and share joy with the protagonists. This experience in itself is delectable.

Another reason why I hold reading so dear is that in books justice can for all time be upheld. While in reality the truth does not always surface in time to affect events, in books it always does. It warms my heart to discover that good prevails over evil even if that triumph is only fictional.