Thread: Fce essay

flightQF6 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fce essay

Hi everyone. I wondered if anyone could have a look to the essay I've written.
    Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English.

Task: You ordered a gift by post for a friend's birthday. The company were late sending the gift to you and you were also not happy with it. Below is the advertisement for the gift, on which you have written some notes.
    Read the advertisement, together with your notes. Then, using ali the information in your notes, write a letter to Mr P. Marsden of Personal Pens Limited. You should explain why you are not happy with the gift and ask for your money back.
    PERSONALISED GIFTS FROM PERSONAL PENS LTD
    Looking for thè perfect present?
    Why not give a personalized writing set to someone special? The set contains an attractive [note:not very!]
    pen and pencil, each of which has a name[note:wrong spelling] printed on thè side in gold letters. You
    just tell us thè name you want, andL we'll print it on thè pen and pencil. The matching [note: pencil=green, pen=red] pen and
    pencil (you can choose either a red set or a green set) come in a specially designed box. All this for only £12.95, and sent to you within [note:3 weeks] a week.
    If you are not completely happy, we will give you all your money back.
    Order your set now! Write to: Mr P. Marsden
    Letter:
    Dear Mr Marsden
    I'm writing to complain about an order I did from you which did not satisfied me. I have indeed ordered by post a personalized writing set that did not match the conditions listed in an advertisement of yours. The product does not look at all as attractive as you claim, but it is obviously made of a bad quality plastic and the golden letters of the name are just printed on a label attached to the objects. Besides, you showed a lack of care that is disagreeable for your customers: the name you printed was wrong-spelled, but, I think you will agree with me, in a personalized gift it is essential to pay great attention for the customized features. Also, the pen and the pencil, according to the ads, should be matching, but mine are not (I got a green pencil and a red pen). Lastly, you guaranteed a delivery time of a week, but I actually got the item after three, which was too late, considering I needed the gift within 10 days so I had to buy something else.
    For the reasons stated above, I hereby ask you to give my money back as written in your ads.
    Yours faithfully.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fce essay

Say:
    I am not satisfied with my purchase. I am unhappy with it, and I want a refund.
    ~R
    Last edited by RonBee; 06-Dec-2007 at 03:14. Reason: improve sentence

flightQF6 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I improved on my sentence. My apologies for not doing better the first time.

~R