Thread: enogh of tapes

• Post Thanks / Like

enogh of tapes

Hello,

I was wondering if you are regularly provided with CDs by your DOS, because I'm not. And when I ask her I never get a straight answer. The thing is, tapes are now old fashioned for both teachers (rewinding and fastforwarding is a pain in the neck) and students (they think the school is not modern enough and they could do without that typical tape background noise).

Is there a way to get hold of cds for listening tasks (most common publishers)? Can you help?

Thanks

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: enogh of tapes

Have you tried contacting the publishers? Most audio publishers use CDs for their products now, apart from those who supply public libraries.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: enogh of tapes

It's just your school being penny pinching and not investing in the CD's. Typical of Italian language schools! All the big publishers do CD's now as a matter of course. If you're trying to get hold of cheap copies yourself, you might be lucky on Amazon uk marketplace. It depends on what course books you're using, and what people have put up for sale.
    I know what you mean about tapes, though -it makes you feel unprofessional using them.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: enough of tapes

Thanks. I didn't know it was typical of Italian schools. The thing is, making copies of cds is so much quicker than dubbing tapes, I don't understand what's so complicated. As a result I can only use tapes...and after I've been made to wait for a while (I mean days).

Hopefully I'll be able to sort this out on the internet...It seems I'm not the only one in trouble with this.