• Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Catcher In The Rye: A Tale Of Depression

Hi im french and im a english student im working on the catcher in the rye more particularly on depression can you tell me what you think of my introduction and correct my grammar and vocabulary mistakes????thanks in exchange i can help in french!!!

The transition from childhood to adulthood is made possible by the stage of adolescence. It is during this in-between age when the adolescent is no longer a child but not yet an adult that he or she will try to built his or her own subjectivity that is to say in other words try to define who he or she is. Adolescence is for some teenagers a very difficult period of adjustment. To grow up and develop correctly towards the adult world the teenager will have to give up the irresponsible life of childhood. It is the real world and all the rules that come with it that teenagers have to accept. The catchword in this difficult period of life is: to leave. To leave because it is about leaving childhood for good, trying to find love elsewhere than in the family, because it is urgent to test this new self by communicating with others, but also for the reason that the outside world comes out to be the place of new experiences even if the outside world can as well become the place of imprisonment or worse of alienation.
    It is important to state now that teenagers are not equal regarding their development during adolescence. If a teenager had faced traumas in his childhood it will be more difficult for him to live properly and fully his adolescence. Indeed, trauma linked with childhood can have knock-on effects on the development of the adolescent. It can even unconsciously prevent him to develop at all. As a result adolescence can turn out to be a very difficult period of life; a time of alienation. The best way to leave adolescence and to enter adulthood is to accept and understand the outside world and to resolve past traumas that can slow down or stop the process of becoming an adult. To resolve them is unfortunately in most cases impossible but try to better understand those traumas and try to live with them, to accept them is the key to leave adolescence and to enter adulthood.
    In the case of Holden Caulfield in the Catcher in the Rye, we will first witness the importance of traumas in his life such as the suicide of James Castle, the absence of his mother and the most important the death of his brother Allie; traumas that prevent him to live fully and normally his adolescence. We will then, examine the repercussions of those traumas that have huge consequences on Holden’s development and on Holden’s behaviours, in terms of sexual, social and psychological disorders. Finally we will show how Holden, progressively learn how to accept the world he is leaving in, how he is at the verge of breaking out of his cocoon thanks to the one that represents the sunshine of his life: Phoebe. That is why we will precisely have a look at three important passages in the book where we can see that her sister is a key

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Catcher In The Rye: A Tale Of Depression

Welcome to the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elize25000 View Post
    Hi I'm French and I'm a English student. I'm working on The Catcher in the Rye. More particularly on depression. Can you tell me what you think of my introduction and correct my grammar and vocabulary mistakes????Thanks. In exchange i can help in French!!!

The transition from childhood to adulthood is made possible by the stage of adolescence. It is during this in-between age when the adolescent is no longer a child but not yet an adult that he or she will try to built his or her own subjectivity that is to say in other words try to define who he or she is. Adolescence is for some teenagers a very difficult period of adjustment. To grow up and develop correctly towards the adult world the teenager will have to give up the irresponsible life of childhood. It is the real world and all the rules that come with it that teenagers have to accept. The catchword in this difficult period of life is: to leave. To leave because it is about leaving childhood for good, trying to find love elsewhere than in the family, because it is urgent to test this new self by communicating with others, but also for the reason that the outside world comes out to be the place of new experiences even if the outside world can as well become the place of imprisonment or worse of alienation.
    It is important to state now that teenagers are not equal regarding their development during adolescence. If a teenager had faced traumas in his childhood it will be more difficult for him to live properly and fully his adolescence. Indeed, trauma linked with childhood can have knock-on effects on the development of the adolescent. It can even unconsciously prevent him to develop at all. As a result adolescence can turn out to be a very difficult period of life; a time of alienation. The best way to leave adolescence and to enter adulthood is to accept and understand the outside world and to resolve past traumas that can slow down or stop the process of becoming an adult. To resolve them is unfortunately in most cases impossible but try to better understand those traumas and try to live with them, to accept them is the key to leave adolescence and to enter adulthood.
    In the case of Holden Caulfield in The Catcher in the Rye, we will first witness the importance of traumas in his life such as the suicide of James Castle, the absence of his mother and the most important the death of his brother Allie; traumas that prevent him to live fully and normally his adolescence. We will then, examine the repercussions of those traumas that have huge consequences on Holden’s development and on Holden’s behaviours, in terms of sexual, social and psychological disorders. Finally we will show how Holden, progressively learn how to accept the world he is leaving in, how he is at the verge of breaking out of his cocoon thanks to the one that represents the sunshine of his life: Phoebe. That is why we will precisely have a look at three important passages in the book where we can see that her sister is a key
    You need to consider your punctuation.

All the highlighted bits require attention.