painkilleryusuf is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Reasons Required for an Essay

One of the professors at AUK (American University of Kuwait) has decided to change from a ten-point grade scale (100 to 90 is an A, 89 to 80 is a B, etc.) to a seven-point grade scale (100 to 93 is an A, 92 to 85 is a , etc.) The professor is trying to engourage students to put more effort into their classes by raising the requirements. What is your position on this issue? Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper stating your position and supporting it with convincing reasons.

My stand on this issue is that i disagree.
    I want your reasons, so can you please share your reasons as to why would you guys disagree. And if you agree then what are your reasons?

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reasons Required for an Essay

Why do you disagree with the professor's new grading system? Please give at least three reasons.

~R

painkilleryusuf is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

well the reasons that i figured out was that:
    1. students will try to study more, this will result only to study more and learn less. They'd rather just mug stuff up than just learning it.
    2. Studying more they wouldnt have time for co-curricular activities. they have a social life.
    3. Student prepares to get an A, and studies to get 90% which is qualified for an A in thhe tenpoint grade system. But when the student finds out that he/she gets a B because the new grading system requires them to get a 93%. he/she will get dissapointed and will want to fight back.

Dont know if all of the point i have in my mind will be correct, why why do you ask me the same question i asked you guys?. Please give me reasons that would help me write my letter to the editor. ( its actually meant to be a persuasive essay in a form of a letter)

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by painkilleryusuf View Post
    1. students will try to study more, this will result only to study more and learn less. They'd rather just mug stuff up than just learning it.)
    Students will study more, resulting in studying more and learning less. They'd rather mug stuff up than learn it.
    Cheating?
    2. Studying more they wouldnt have time for co-curricular activities. they have a social life.
    Because they will be studying more they will have less time for extra-curricular activities. They will be unhappy because they will have less time for socializing.
    Eh?
    3. Student prepares to get an A, and studies to get 90% which is qualified for an A in thhe tenpoint grade system. But when the student finds out that he/she gets a B because the new grading system requires them to get a 93%. he/she will get dissapointed and will want to fight back.
    The student will be very unhappy because of having to work harder to get the same grade.
    Dont know if all of the point i have in my mind will be correct, why why do you ask me the same question i asked you guys?. Please give me reasons that would help me write my letter to the editor. ( its actually meant to be a persuasive essay in a form of a letter)
    What do you think the problems are? Where do you have to improve?

~R