1. Unregistered

noodles hot water

What is the name of a kind of noodles that is in a sterophone pot or bowl and if you add hot water to it, it's ready to be eaten in 3mins.

Pot noodles? Cup noodles? noodles bowl

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: noodles hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is the name of a kind of noodles that is in a styrofoam pot or bowl and if you add hot water to it, it's ready to be eaten in 3mins.

Pot noodles? Cup noodles? noodles bowl
    We call them "instant noodles"

• Post Thanks / Like

In my part of the country they're called "ramen." The Nissin brand "Top Ramen" is so ubiquitous that you might hear them referred to by that name.

"I'm sick and tired of being a graduate student, driving a worn-out car and living on Top Ramen. I want to get a job and start earning some real money."

[not a student]

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delmobile View Post
    In my part of the country they're called "ramen." The Nissin brand "Top Ramen" is so ubiquitous that you might hear them referred to by that name.

"I'm sick and tired of being a graduate student, driving a worn-out car and living on Top Ramen. I want to get a job and start earning some real money."

[not a student]
    Well they are not like the instant noodles as described by the original post, but common college staple food here is Kraft Dinner or KD for short. Cheap, tastes pretty good and could be cooked in a pot on a apartment radiator if you had no stove.