• Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Default facilitation message

I don't understand the following in bold. Please explain them in easy English.

1. Each of the consultants has a similiar background and skill set; they tend to work as individuals with their own clients. Our clients choose us to deliver a consulting, training, and facilitation message worldwide.

Is the above structure like "a consulting (message), training (message), and facilitation message worldwide?" And what does "facilitation message" mean?

2. They hold monthly, half-day, face-to-face area sales meetings where each salesperson presents their account activity, progress against targets, and forecast.

Thank you.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: facilitation message

Quote Originally Posted by unpakwon View Post

1. Each of the consultants has a similiar background and skill set; they tend to work as individuals with their own clients. Our clients choose us to deliver a consulting, training, and facilitation message worldwide.

Is the above structure like "a consulting (message), training (message), and facilitation message worldwide?" And what does "facilitation message" mean? "facilitation" = make it [whatever the consultants are concerned with] operable.

2. They hold monthly, half-day, face-to-face area sales meetings where each salesperson presents their account activity, progress against targets, and forecast. What has been happening with each of their account [customers] - whether the sales have increased or reduced, whether debts have been cleared, where credits have been granted.

Thank you.

Naamplao is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: facilitation message

Quote Originally Posted by unpakwon View Post

Is the above structure like "a consulting (message), training (message), and facilitation message worldwide?" And what does "facilitation message" mean?

2. They hold monthly, half-day, face-to-face area sales meetings where each salesperson presents their account activity, progress against targets, and forecast.

Thank you.
    It is not entirely clear what they mean by "facilitation message". If this is a real piece of advertising that you have quoted then it may just be "marketing speak". (Sounds good but means little)

"Facilitation" means: the act of making something easy.

A "facilitator" is a person who makes a meeting proceed easily. They don't really take part in the meeting as far as details are concerned, rather they are there to make sure the participants in the meeting stay on topic and they resolve disputes.

Our clients choose us to deliver a consulting, training, and facilitation message worldwide.

The way this is written, yes, message would apply to consulting and training as well as facilitation. But this is very poorly worded and makes little sense. I think the clients would demand more than just a message with respect to consulting and training.

We have no context to be certain but I would say that a "facilitation message" means that they want documentation to make implementation of the process easier.

The writer of this piece chose a poor word for this though. The proper adjective would be "facilitative" not "facilitation"(which is a noun). Then there would be no confusion.

Our clients choose us to deliver consultation, training, and a facilitative message worldwide.

Now...Message does not apply to consultation and training. (note my changes...it is still a bad sentence but at least it makes sense.)

Poor writing and "marketing speak"....I hate marketing speak

unpakwon is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like