1. Unregistered

Smile Practice: reading, writing and speaking

I would appreciate if someone reads the bellow paragraphs to catch the mistakes and off course any kinds of advice about learning the language. Thanks in advance for spending the valuable time.

I am supposed to practice my writing, reading and listening in order to improve my language skills. Out of these three areas I enjoy writing a lot, albeit I am a novice in English language.
    When I read I become a little bit frustrated because of new vocabularies. Thereafter, my reading is limited to daily newspaper headlines and internet such as yahoo headlines and CNN headlines. Almost every day I encounter a lot of new words either listening to my co-worker, reading something at work or news media. It is quite difficult for an adult like me to remember all the new words that I find every day. Reading the newspaper does not really mean I go through the whole newspaper every day. As I already mentioned here that I just browse the headlines to get the updates not more than that. Just reading the news is quite boring to me and day by day I am becoming impatient about it.
    Somewhere I read about “Penguin Readers books” for reading practices. I would like to read those books but, not sure where and how to find it. I will call the public library and see if they can help me finding these books. I stopped reading books in my mother language because I think it is better to read something in English rather than in my own language.
    I am a quite person at work because I feel contained in my poor speaking skill. Participating in a conversation like talking about music, movie and TV programs are not as easy as a native speaker.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Practice: reading, writing and speaking

I would appreciate if someone reads would read

the bellow following paragraphs

to catch the mistakes, and off course of course any kinds of advice about learning the language. Thanks in advance for spending the valuable time.

I am supposed to practice my writing, reading and listening in order to improve my language skills. Out of these three areas I enjoy writing a lot, albeit I am a novice in English language.
    When I read I become a little bit frustrated, because of new vocabularies new vocabulary. Thereafter, my reading is limited to daily newspaper headlines and internet, such as yahoo headlines and CNN headlines such as yahoo and CNN headlines. Almost every day I encounter a lot of new words either listening to my co-workers, reading something at work or news media. It is quite difficult for an adult like me to remember all the new words that I find every day. Reading the newspaper does not really mean I go through the whole newspaper every day. As I already mentioned here that I just browse the headlines to get the updates not more than that. As I already mentioned, I just browse the headlines to get updates. Just reading the news is quite boring to me and day by day I am becoming impatient about it. Just reading the news is quite boring and I am becoming impatient.
    Somewhere I read about “Penguin Readers books” for reading practices. I would like to read those books but, not sure where and how to find it them. I will call the public library and see if they can help me finding find these books. I stopped reading books in my mother language because I think it is better to read something in English (rather than in my own language - all of this is unecessary).
    I am a quite quiet person at work because I feel contained in constrained by my poor speaking skill. Participating in a conversation like talking about music, movie and TV programs Participating in a conversation about music, movies and tv

are not is not as easy as for a native speaker .

Your english is quite good so far. I do have a few suggestions that may help you.

Reading news headlines is very boring. Learning English doesn't have to be a chore. There are many ways to learn.

You mentioned that you have stopped reading in your native language. Can I ask what your native language is?

Do you know any who happen to be fluent in both your mother tongue as well as in English who may be able to help you along? If not local, I am sure there are many online who could help.

I strongly advise that you continue to read in your native language. You can use it to help enhance learning English.
    The things you appreciate in your own language like literature, song lyrics, or poetry, can be used to help you learn English in a more enjoyable way.

When you encounter new vocabulary do you write the words down? If not, I would suggest you begin doing this.

If you have any questions about vocabulary words, or slang (which is often very confusing) please feel free to ask.

I admire your determination but recognize your frustration. I hope these suggestions can help. Also I am happy to offer more suggestions as needed .

• Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Practice: reading, writing and speaking

Quote Originally Posted by Nina01 View Post
    I would appreciate if someone reads would read

the bellow following paragraphs

to catch the mistakes, and off course of course any kinds of advice about learning the language. Thanks in advance for spending the valuable time.

When I read I become a little bit frustrated, because of new vocabularies new vocabulary. Thereafter, my reading is limited to daily newspaper headlines and internet, such as yahoo headlines and CNN headlines such as yahoo and CNN headlines. Almost every day I encounter a lot of new words either listening to my co-workers, reading something at work or news media. It is quite difficult for an adult like me to remember all the new words that I find every day. Reading the newspaper does not really mean I go through the whole newspaper every day. As I already mentioned here that I just browse the headlines to get the updates not more than that. As I already mentioned, I just browse the headlines to get updates. Just reading the news is quite boring to me and day by day I am becoming impatient about it. Just reading the news is quite boring and I am becoming impatient.
    Somewhere I read about “Penguin Readers books” for reading practices. I would like to read those books but, not sure where and how to find it them. I will call the public library and see if they can help me finding find these books. I stopped reading books in my mother language because I think it is better to read something in English (rather than in my own language - all of this is unecessary).
    I am a quite quiet person at work because I feel contained in constrained by my poor speaking skill. Participating in a conversation like talking about music, movie and TV programs Participating in a conversation about music, movies and tv

are not is not as easy as for a native speaker .

Your english is quite good so far. I do have a few suggestions that may help you.

Reading news headlines is very boring. Learning English doesn't have to be a chore. There are many ways to learn.

You mentioned that you have stopped reading in your native language. Can I ask what your native language is?

Do you know any who happen to be fluent in both your mother tongue as well as in English who may be able to help you along? If not local, I am sure there are many online who could help.

I strongly advise that you continue to read in your native language. You can use it to help enhance learning English.
    The things you appreciate in your own language like literature, song lyrics, or poetry, can be used to help you learn English in a more enjoyable way.

When you encounter new vocabulary do you write the words down? If not, I would suggest you begin doing this.

If you have any questions about vocabulary words, or slang (which is often very confusing) please feel free to ask.

I admire your determination but recognize your frustration. I hope these suggestions can help. Also I am happy to offer more suggestions as needed .
    I write down the new words in a note book and try to revise the meaning of the words sometimes. AS you suggested I will start reading in my language again. I hope I will feel little bit more comfortable in English as I find “usingenglish.com” website is very useful. A lot of things can be learned from this site. I speak “Bangla”.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Practice: reading, writing and speaking

you will become more comfortable as you practice more. if you have any questions about the use of any vocabulary words please ask. if i am not able to give a sufficient answer i will find a source that can.

keep up the good work!