Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Whether you are young or old, you have to admit that playing games is good for people at/in/with all ages.

Could any of the three prepostions underlined in the above work with the sample? Thanks.

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The only one of the three I would use is "at", but 'of' is most commonly used in such a sentence and certainly would be my choice.

angliholic

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Thanks, 2006.
Got it.

baqarah131

Member Type
Other
I'd prefer "people of all ages." This would mean people in their 20s, in the 30s, in their 80s, whatever their ages, different individuals, irrespective of their ages.

"people at all ages" is correct in a different type of context--it would imply the same people as they advanced through life. But that wasn't the question, or the context given, so I don't think you should worry about it now.

edward

Thanks, 2006.
Got it.

angliholic

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I'd prefer "people of all ages." This would mean people in their 20s, in the 30s, in their 80s, whatever their ages, different individuals, irrespective of their ages.

"people at all ages" is correct in a different type of context--it would imply the same people as they advanced through life. But that wasn't the question, or the context given, so I don't think you should worry about it now.

edward
Thanks Edward.

Spot on! I think you have pointed out the subtle nuances for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.