• Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

don't knock the weather

Dear teachers,

I need again your backing up badly. By the last my reading a new book, I found again two new expressions, which stimulated my interest in the nomination the proper attitude their construction and their shade of meaning.

Would you confirm the correctness of the my hypothesis concerning the interpretation of the both expresses? (Please see the expressions in bold in the following excerpt).

"Change your habits of living. Cut out the grouch. Stop nagging. You're sour because your pores are stopped up; get a buck-saw and take a sweat. You're morbidly blue because your solar plexus has gone to sleep; gave it half a hour of internal vibration. Don't knock the weather, like it, get into it, let it put iron into your blood. Plunge into a storm, it will act as a tonic on your spirit. A dip in the ocean ill add magnetism to your body. Your body is a mighty fine engine of marvelous energy. Over-fed, under-fed, over-burdened, neglected, abused, weakened, shamefully talked about., yet year after year it goes in generating the divinest thing in the universe-Life."

I suppose that the verb "knock" in the first expression have the meaning "to find fault with, criticize" and the usage of the expression "Don't knock the weather" is similar as in "Don't knock the food. It is free".

In the second expression, we have to look for the root of this expression in the keyword "iron". Iron is the essential to the transfer of oxygen from the bloodstream to all of the body's cell.Iron accomplishes this by becoming part of re blood cells (hemoglobin, which transport oxygen from the lungs to the tissue of the body. We have to let nature to put iron into our blood.

Thank you in advance for your efforts.

Regards.

V.

Naamplao is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: don't knock the weather

Quote Originally Posted by vil View Post
    Dear teachers,

I need again your backing up badly. By the last my reading a new book, I found again two new expressions, which stimulated my interest in the nomination the proper attitude their construction and their shade of meaning.

Would you confirm the correctness of the my hypothesis concerning the interpretation of the both expresses? (Please see the expressions in bold in the following excerpt).

"Change your habits of living. Cut out the grouch. Stop nagging. You're sour because your pores are stopped up; get a buck-saw and take a sweat. You're morbidly blue because your solar plexus has gone to sleep; gave it half a hour of internal vibration. Don't knock the weather, like it, get into it, let it put iron into your blood. Plunge into a storm, it will act as a tonic on your spirit. A dip in the ocean ill add magnetism to your body. Your body is a mighty fine engine of marvelous energy. Over-fed, under-fed, over-burdened, neglected, abused, weakened, shamefully talked about., yet year after year it goes in generating the divinest thing in the universe-Life."

I suppose that the verb "knock" in the first expression have the meaning "to find fault with, criticize" and the usage of the expression "Don't knock the weather" is similar as in "Don't knock the food. It is free".

In the second expression, we have to look for the root of this expression in the keyword "iron". Iron is the essential to the transfer of oxygen from the bloodstream to all of the body's cell.Iron accomplishes this by becoming part of re blood cells (hemoglobin, which transport oxygen from the lungs to the tissue of the body. We have to let nature to put iron into our blood.

Thank you in advance for your efforts.

Regards.

V.
    Your understanding of these phrases is correct.