• China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Greetings

Dear Teachers,

I have two more questions on greetings:

No.1

Could you please tell me when people say 'Good luck' instead of 'Goodbye' what should I say? Is it 'Good luck' or 'Goodbye'?

No.2

When seeing somebody off people would say ' I wish you a pleasant journey'. What should I say? Is it 'Goodbye' or 'Thank you'?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance.

Jiang

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Greetings

No.1

Could you please tell me when people say 'Good luck' instead of 'Goodbye' what should I say? Is it 'Good luck' or 'Goodbye'?
    You could say, "Thank you" or "Thanks". If you will never see the person again, you could say, "Good Luck to you as well", which means good luck in life, and not good luck in your travels. :D

No.2

When seeing somebody off people would say ' I wish you a pleasant journey'. What should I say? Is it 'Goodbye' or 'Thank you'?
    Both: Thank you. Goodbye. :D If they too are traveling, you could reply, "You, too", meaning I, too, wish that you, too, will have a pleasant journey.

jiang is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Greetings

Thank you very much for your explanation. Could you please read the other post which I also posted today because I don't quite understand the explanation?

Jiang
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    No.1

You could say, "Thank you" or "Thanks". If you will never see the person again, you could say, "Good Luck to you as well", which means good luck in life, and not good luck in your travels. :D

No.2

Both: Thank you. Goodbye. :D If they too are traveling, you could reply, "You, too", meaning I, too, wish that you, too, will have a pleasant journey.