Post Thanks / Like

Re: expiring x expiration

Quote Originally Posted by oregeezer View Post
    Best English
    "my visa expiration date"
    Agreed

Post Thanks / Like

Note, though, that it is more common in the UK, and in travels overseas, for it to be referred to as an ('issue date' ) and 'expiry date', similar to what is found on credit cards. Doing a quick Yahoo, I found:

INCLUSIVE DATES. 1. NAME AS WRITTEN IN PASSPORT. 6. ... RELATIONSHIP. DATE OF EXPIRY. VISA ISSUED TO. CITIZENSHIP. BEARER'S TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Type ...
    www.philippineembassy-usa.org/downloads/ImmigrantVisaDC.pdf - 262k - View as html
    Visitor Visa - Procedures and steps after getting USA Visitor Visa
    ... Visas. Premium Processing. Religious Visa - R1 ... Date of birth and gender (Male, Female) are correct. Date of issue and date of expiry are correct. ...
    Visitor Visa - Procedures and steps after getting USA Visitor Visa - 38k - Cached

... Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, USA, Canada, Australia, New ... Mrs. Ms (please indicate) Father's Name: Passport no: Place of Issue: .Date of Expiry: ...
    http://www.acams.org/conferences/men...ation_Form.pdf - 134k - View as html
    Thailand Visa Information
    The date of expiry of that visa is shown on the visa. ... ( Canada, USA, Europe, Australia may issue O-A visas from certain large Consulates ...
    Thailand Visa Information - 72k - Cached
    www.going2usa.com/tourism/touristvisa.html - 44k - Cached
    USA Visa
    ... expiry date and is not an indefinite validity visa (see FAQ on Indefinite visas) ... several United States government agencies before a visa can be issued. ...
    www.vfs-usa-my.com/ApplnForms/faqs.aspx - 37k - Cached
    Canada Visa Information | iExplore.com
    ... least three weeks before the expiry of the visitor visa. ... Single-entry visas can be used multiple times by nationals of St Pierre & Miquelon and the USA. ...
    www.iexplore.com/dmap/Canada/Visa and Health - 59k - Cached
    Sample India visa
    Visa. Passport Services. ECNR Stamp. Travel to India. Foreigner Registration. USA. Birth Certificate ... Date of Expiry: The date when the visa expires. ...
    Sample India visa - 19k - Cached

Amigos4 is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David L. View Post
    Note, though, that it is more common in the UK, and in travels overseas, for it to be referred to as an ('issue date' ) and 'expiry date', similar to what is found on credit cards. Doing a quick Yahoo, I found:

INCLUSIVE DATES. 1. NAME AS WRITTEN IN PASSPORT. 6. ... RELATIONSHIP. DATE OF EXPIRY. VISA ISSUED TO. CITIZENSHIP. BEARER'S TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Type ...
    www.philippineembassy-usa.org/downloads/ImmigrantVisaDC.pdf - 262k - View as html
    Visitor Visa - Procedures and steps after getting USA Visitor Visa
    ... Visas. Premium Processing. Religious Visa - R1 ... Date of birth and gender (Male, Female) are correct. Date of issue and date of expiry are correct. ...
    Visitor Visa - Procedures and steps after getting USA Visitor Visa - 38k - Cached

... Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, USA, Canada, Australia, New ... Mrs. Ms (please indicate) Father's Name: Passport no: Place of Issue: .Date of Expiry: ...
    www.acams.org/conferences/mena07/Visa_Application_Form.pdf - 134k - View as html
    Thailand Visa Information
    The date of expiry of that visa is shown on the visa. ... ( Canada, USA, Europe, Australia may issue O-A visas from certain large Consulates ...
    Thailand Visa Information - 72k - Cached
    www.going2usa.com/tourism/touristvisa.html - 44k - Cached
    USA Visa
    ... expiry date and is not an indefinite validity visa (see FAQ on Indefinite visas) ... several United States government agencies before a visa can be issued. ...
    www.vfs-usa-my.com/ApplnForms/faqs.aspx - 37k - Cached
    Canada Visa Information | iExplore.com
    ... least three weeks before the expiry of the visitor visa. ... Single-entry visas can be used multiple times by nationals of St Pierre & Miquelon and the USA. ...
    www.iexplore.com/dmap/Canada/Visa and Health - 59k - Cached
    Sample India visa
    Visa. Passport Services. ECNR Stamp. Travel to India. Foreigner Registration. USA. Birth Certificate ... Date of Expiry: The date when the visa expires. ...
    Sample India visa - 19k - Cached
    Thanks, David! I was not aware of the term 'Date of Expiry'. In the US it is 'date of expiration' or, simply, 'expiration date'.

Cheers,
    Amigos4

Cheers,
    Amigos4