• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Out it all comes, speech lady, grow out of it, backward in speaking

***Dad said he doesn't understand what the baby is talking about. He claimed the baby is from outer space. Mum said that, "Don't be silly, dad. The speech lady says he will grow out of it. My brother was backward in speaking."***

1) What does it mean of "The speech lady says he will grow out of it. My brother was backward in speaking."

__________________________________________________ ______________

Dad and mum are packing for trip with a lot of problem occured. During their conversation, they always said, "Out it all comes...."

2) What does it mean of "Out it all comes.."

__________________________________________________ _____________

Many thanks.

Amigos4 is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Out it all comes, speech lady, grow out of it, backward in speaking

Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    ***Dad said he doesn't understand what the baby is talking about. He claimed the baby is from outer space. Mum said that, "Don't be silly, dad. The speech lady says he will grow out of it. My brother was backward in speaking."***

1) What does it mean of "The speech lady says he will grow out of it. My brother was backward in speaking."

Dad and mum are packing for trip with a lot of problem occured. During their conversation, they always said, "Out it all comes...."

2) What does it mean of "Out it all comes.."

Many thanks.
    Ju,

"The speech lady says he will grow out of it." The speech therapist is saying that the child is probably developmentally delayed and will eventually speak in a manner that other people will understand.

"My brother was backward in speaking." There is a good chance that Mum's brother was also developmentally delayed. As he matured (moved forward in age) his speech improved.

"Out it all comes" means that thoughts and words that have been repressed (unspoken) for a period of time often are verbalized when individuals become angry or confrontational.

Cheers,
    Amigos4

2006 is offline Banned
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post

1) What does it mean of "The speech lady says he will grow out of it.The speech therapist says the problem will go away when the child is older.
    My brother was backward in speaking." My brother was slow in learning to speak.

Dad and mum are packing for trip with a lot of problem occured.This is not a good sentence. During their conversation, they always said, "Out it all comes...."

2) What does it mean of "Out it all comes.." Probably it means 'It all has to come out.' Maybe they had to repack their suitcase several times, and each time they had to do it again they said "Out it all comes...(we have to do it again").

Many thanks.

abalmy is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

hi ju, nice to meet u thanks for the massege i hope to meet .