Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Cloning- Correct my mistakes please

    But is striving to repopulate the species almost extinct from a very low
    genetic diversity? Will extend the feat in recreating species disappeared
    completely as the Tasmanian tiger that some would like to see revived?

    Cloning is another solution to treat certain diseases such as Parkinson's
    disease and Alzheimer's. They may treat spinal cord sections, something that
    has been practiced successfully in rats. And the risks of rejection are
    virtually non-existent because the stem cells come from the individual
    treaty. So thanks to cloned cells, we can cure diseases still very poorly
    controlled nowadays…

    Cloning is also as a solution to the sterility of a couple. Currently, the
    couple use of donated gametes: The child who is born, has a genetic heritage
    sometimes totally different if both spouses are sterile. Now, thanks to
    cloning, it would be enough to charge cell nuclear any of the couple and the
    child that would result corresponds to a combination genetic quite random and
    unique.

    There are many problems caused by cloning. Firstly, there are difficulties
    associated with the birth and survival of clones. We found an aging faster
    than normal at Dolly.
    Moreover, although theoretically the cloning appears to be a simple
    technique is well known, obtaining a clone is difficult. For example, Dolly
    was born after 300 attempts.


    Transplantation of organs and tissue from animals to humans is dangerous.
    Studies show that retroviruses are believed to be at transplatation.
    In addition, although cloning is establishing itself as the solution to
    species extinction, it can also lead to the disappearance of a species.
    Indeed, the survival of a species through the centuries is based on the
    diversity of their genetic heritage: the rich heritage, allows a person to be
    better armed to deal with viruses and epidemics.

    Finally, it seems that all the advantages offered by cloning seem to be
    totally utopian: all these notions are still largely inaccessible today.
    However, although all applications are still within the realm of dreams,
    those ideas are necessary for the progress of science and to guide the
    research. Unfortunately, at present, there seems to be more disadvantages
    than advantages to practice cloning.


    In addition to these technical problems, the most important problems are the
    ethical issues such as cloning a deceased child, the concept of eternal life
    and of course the fear Drift…

    Finally, many moral questions are raised today about the cloning. What are
    the limits of cloning? And what impact can lead to the human race? All these
    questions, of course, the slow development of technology and research, but
    one of the essential elements of these discussions is to avoid any blunders
    that could have irreversible consequences on humans. That is why all this is
    necessary. Indeed, they enable scientists to be aware of the dangers and
    risks they can to avoid slippage. In addition, they can also lead to better
    research as required… These ethical issues no longer act as an indispensable
    guide rather than a brake.


    Thank for your help, say the sentence you don't understand.

  2. #2
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Cloning- Correct my mistakes please

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    But is striving to repopulate the species almost extinct from a very low
    genetic diversity? Will extend the feat in recreating species disappeared
    completely as the Tasmanian tiger that some would like to see revived?


    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Cloning is another solution to treat certain diseases such as Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's.
    Cloning is a way to treat certain diseases such as Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's.

  3. #3
    free00 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Cloning- Correct my mistakes please

    Thank. Are they another mistake ?

  4. #4
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Cloning- Correct my mistakes please

    Quote Originally Posted by free00 View Post
    Thank you. Are there any other mistakes?
    A bunch. Use simple sentences. Be sure you understand what you are saying before you say it.

    ~R

  5. #5
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Cloning- Correct my mistakes please

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    They may treat spinal cord sections, something that has been practiced successfully in rats.
    What exactly does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And the risks of rejection are virtually non-existent because the stem cells come from the individual being treated.


    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So thanks to cloned cells, we can cure diseases still very poorly
    controlled nowadays…
    Rewrite that making an understandable English sentence out of it.

    ~R

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Cloning is also as a solution to the sterility of a couple. Currently, the
    couple use of donated gametes: The child who is born, has a genetic heritage sometimes totally different if both spouses are sterile. Now, thanks to cloning, it would be enough to charge cell nuclear any of the couple and the child that would result corresponds to a combination genetic quite random and unique.
    Try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are many problems caused by cloning. Firstly, there are difficulties
    associated with the birth and survival of clones. We found an aging faster
    than normal at Dolly.
    Moreover, although theoretically the cloning appears to be a simple
    technique is well known, obtaining a clone is difficult. For example, Dolly
    was born after 300 attempts.
    1. Clean that up.
    2. Who or what is Dolly? (Don't assume that the reader knows what you are talking about even though you haven't previously mentioned anything about it.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Transplantation of organs and tissues from animals to humans is dangerous.
    That actually makes sense.


    You need to work harder at writing understandable sentences.

    ~R

  6. #6
    free00 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Cloning- Correct my mistakes please

    I rewrite my text :

    Human cloning is a very controversial subject, it frightens and fascinates at the same time. Indeed, cloning, seems itself as the medicine of tomorrow, but also as the solution to many incurable diseases even today.
    However, despite these positive outlook, cloning is scary. Indeed, it is also synonymous with excesses and immortality: many ethical questions have been raised since the media coverage of these genetic manipulations. Cloning is a subject that leaves no one indifferent.

    Cloning a cell means to derive a population of cells from a single cell.
    A clone shares all the genetic characteristics of the original cell.

    However, we must differentiate between the scientific definition and public definition of the term ‘cloning’. When we, the general public, refer to cloning we most often conclude that the term means to create an identical individual with the help of stem cells. Scientists on the other hand, define a clone the moment two cells have the same genetic heritage.
    Scientists separate clones into two subcategories; “in vivo” and “ex vivo”. In vivo refers to the cloning of individuals and ex vivo refers to the cloning of cells.
    Thus, according to the scientific definition, cloning is a process that has been present for a long time (how long is a long time), and can be seen widely in nature. For example, in humans, all the cells renew themselves by multiplying at the same, it’s the mitosis.
    Another example, of the natural phenomenon of cloning, can be observed after fertilization. Initially there is a cell that makes mitosis, then each cell specializes in a spot to give cells in the heart, brain, eyes … Cloning is process that is shown to be a completely natural process.
    After fertilization, we can also observe the phenomenon of cloning: Initially there is a cell that makes mitoses then each cell specializes in a spot to give cells in the heart, brain, eyes…
    Cloning is a completely natural phenomenon.

    As for manipulation by human cloning, contrary to popular belief, it is also long overdue. Indeed, first in plants, cloning results in the plant cuttings: in taking a rod and the replanting creates a new plant, which have exactly the same genetic inheritance, it is a clone.

    Dolly,a female sheep, was the first mammal to be cloned from an adult somatic cell, using the process of nuclear transfer.


    The technique of cloning provides a solution for the survival of endangered species. So in January 2001, on a farm in Iowa was born wild ox. Noah is the first clone obtained from the cells of an animal in danger of extinction. It will still required 700 eggs from cow to arrive at the result.

    But is striving to repopulate the species almost extinct from a very low genetic diversity? Will extend the feat in recreating species disappeared completely as the Tasmanian tiger that some would like to see revived?

    One potential use of cloning technology would involve creating a human repair kit. Cloning is a way to treat certain diseases such as Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's.. And the risks of rejection are virtually non-existent because the stem cells come from the individual treaty being treated. --

    Some see cloning as away to aid couples with infertility problem. --


    There are many problems caused by cloning. Firstly, there are difficulties associated with the birth and survival of clones. For example, Dolly the ewe was born after 300 attempts.

    Transplantation of organs and tissues from animals to humans is dangerous. Studies show that retroviruses are believed to be at transplatation.

    In addition, although cloning is establishing itself as the solution to species extinction, it can also lead to the disappearance of a species. Indeed, the survival of a species through the centuries is based on the diversity of their genetic heritage: the rich heritage, allows a person to be better armed to deal with viruses and epidemics.

    Finally, it seems that all the advantages offered by cloning seem to be totally utopian: all these notions are still largely inaccessible today. However, although all applications are still within the realm of dreams, those ideas are necessary for the progress of science and to guide the research. Unfortunately, at present, there seems to be more disadvantages than advantages to practice cloning.

    In addition to these technical problems, the most important problems are the ethical issues such as bringing deceased relatives back to life.

    People are afraid than human clones might be used as slaves or soldiers and no law could deter a monster from turning to his advantages but England is working to pass legislation to stop total human cloning.

    Finally, many moral questions are raised today about the cloning. What are the limits of cloning? And what impact can lead to the human race? All these questions, of course, the slow development of technology and research, but one of the essential elements of these discussions is to avoid any blunders that could have irreversible consequences on humans. That is why all this is necessary. Indeed, they enable scientists to be aware of the dangers and risks they can to avoid slippage. In addition, they can also lead to better research as required… These ethical issues no longer act as an indispensable guide rather than a brake.

  7. #7
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Cloning- Correct my mistakes please

    Quote Originally Posted by free00 View Post

    Human cloning is a very controversial subject, it frightens and fascinates at the same time. Indeed, cloning, seems itself as the medicine of tomorrow, but also as the solution to many incurable diseases even today.
    Human cloning is a very controversial subject. It frightens and fascinates at the same time. Cloning seems to be the medicine of tomorrow. It could be the means of curing many diseases that are today incurable.

    Quote Originally Posted by free00 View Post
    Cloning a cell means to derive a population of cells from a single cell.
    A clone shares all the genetic characteristics of the original cell.
    That is good!


    Quote Originally Posted by free00 View Post
    However, we must differentiate between the scientific definition and public definition of the term ‘cloning’. When we, the general public, refer to cloning we most often conclude that the term means to create an identical individual with the help of stem cells. Scientists on the other hand, define a clone the moment two cells have the same genetic heritage.
    Not exactly. A clone is a cell derived from an existing cell. Cells that have the same genetic heritage are what we start out with.

    ~R

  8. #8
    free00 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Cloning- Correct my mistakes please

    Another correction :

    Human cloning is a very controversial subject. It frightens and fascinates at the same time. Cloning seems to be the medicine of tomorrow. It could be the means of curing many diseases that are today incurable. However, despite these positive outlook, cloning is scary too.


    Cloning is a natural phenomenon which involves the production of duplicates of genetic material,cells. Cloning a cell means to derive a population of cells from a single cell. A clone shares all the genetic characteristics of the original cell.
    For exemple, bacteria are the offspring clones of their ancestors. Identical twins in humans are clones as well, in that they are prodcuted from the same fertilized egg and are therefore genetically identical. –
    As for artificial human cloning, until 1996, human clones were primarily subject of fantasy or thriller like Jurassik Park.

    However the successful cloning of Dolly, the first female mamal cloned from an adult cell raised serious concern among the scientific community as well as the general public.

    With Dolly the female sheep, it became clear that the cloning of people was a definite possibility. In theory, cloning a human being is ever a relatively simple matter.

    How to clone ?

    Cloning is based on nuclear transfer, the same technique scientists have used for some years to copy animals from embryonic cell.

    A human clone could be formed by combining the cytoplasm of an unfertility egg with the genetic material from an adult cell. The result would set off a chain of chemical reactions that would eventually result in an embryo. That embryo would then be implated in a woman, who would, if everything went normally, have a child nine mouths later.

    In addition, thanks to cloning many diseases could be avoided and many lives could be saved. It’s conceivable that a human with a failing liver could have a new one grown from a cell taken out of his bone-marrow. Indeed, the cells grown from the patient’s cloned embryo should not trigger rejectin once grafted as they have the same genetic make-up as the patient and aer therefore fully compatible with the body’s immune system. In the future, it may even be possible de make organs such as liver and kidneys.

    So far no human clones have been created but everybody agrees that it is only a question of time. Scientists believe that within five years the new technique could provide a better and ethically more acceptable alternative to cloning embryos for medical research.. Unfortunately, at present, there seems to be more disadvantages than advantages to practice cloning.
    Scientists all over the world are busy working on creating human clones. In fact, a sect Raël even claimed he had successed in doing so. –

    Although cloning raises a number of ethical issues,
    One of them, and not the least, is the act of bringing deceased relatives back to life. Other people are afraid that human clones might be used as slaves or soldiers and no law could deter a monster from turning such technologies to his personal advantage. And because of these ethical issues, governments, in England for instance, are working to enforce legislation preventing human cloning. In the United States, a bill banning human cloning using the technique employed to create Dolly has been rejected.



    But it seems that nothing can prevent it from taking place. Now that genically modified and copied mammals are a reality, biomedical researchers are starting to develop imaginative ways to use this technology.

    Creating a carbon copy of a living adult will, however, always impossible. There is the difference in age and genetics only partly determines who we are, experience and environment determine that. If you were cloned, it’s very uncertain that yours clone would be good in English if she didn’t have your extraordinary support.

    What are the limits of cloning? And what are the possible impacts on the human race? May cloning have irreversible consequences on humans, on our civilisation, on our culture?
    In years to come, having one's own clone in the freezer would be the best health insurance policy.

    Even though the development of technology and research in this domain are still very slow, and the work of scientists imply dangers and risks not only for them but for the whole population.

    It is very important that laws could give a framework where all these scientific works benefit to everybody and not only to a few ones.


    Priority should be given to health care for alive patients. The medical benefits would be enormous.

    But considering abuse and the others risks, cloning are not yet ready for human experimentation.

    It's good ?
    Last edited by free00; 17-Dec-2007 at 21:29.

  9. #9
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Cloning- Correct my mistakes please

    Yes, it's better, but no prizes yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by free00 View Post

    Human cloning is a very controversial subject. It frightens and fascinates at the same time. Cloning seems to be the medicine of tomorrow. It could be the means of curing many diseases that are today incurable. However, despite these positive outlook, cloning is scary too.
    Human cloning is a very controversial subject. It frightens and fascinates at the same time. Cloning seems to be the medicine of tomorrow. It could be the means of curing many diseases that are today incurable. However, despite that positive outlook, cloning is scary too.

  10. #10
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Cloning- Correct my mistakes please

    Quote Originally Posted by free00 View Post
    Cloning is a natural phenomenon which involves the production of duplicates of genetic material,cells. Cloning a cell means to derive a population of cells from a single cell. A clone shares all the genetic characteristics of the original cell.
    Cloning is a natural phenomenon which involves the production of duplicates of genetic material. Cloning a cell means to derive a population of cells from a single cell. A clone shares all the genetic characteristics of the original cell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The sentences above/below are correct
    By user_gary in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-Jun-2009, 08:12
  2. Correct mistakes in passage
    By Wai_Wai in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-Mar-2008, 07:27
  3. Please help me to correct mistakes in my coposition
    By annechkaaa in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-Nov-2007, 19:45
  4. Correct tenses?
    By Skyscraper83 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-Nov-2007, 18:04
  5. correct answer
    By stunned in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-Mar-2007, 04:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •