Thread: Please help

petr is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help

I´d like to ask you for correction of this translation.
    Thanks in advance

‘Přemyslovské sedlo’ is one of the most beautiful undeveloped mountain pass in region of Jesenik. This land managed in an ecological way, borders with nature reserve called ‘Přemyslovské sedlo’. The border of the Protected Landscape Area Jeseníky runs across the pass. The main matter of protection is community of peaty marshes with high generic diversity and the presence of protected species of flora and fauna, which are very rare in this area of Hrubý Jesenik (= part of Jeseník). Meadows with Arrhenatherum and Trisetum excel at the great generic diversity there. Nice views of the main redge of Hrubý Jeseník and the massif of Králický Sněžník can be admired from the pass and near rock formation called Tři kameny (Three stones).
    The first settlement of the pass dates back to 1651 when Premysl of Zerotin (that´s why the name Premyslov) invited 13 settlers who cut down forests and begun to farm. Until the second world war there was more agricultural land than now – agriculture estate were built in the notch and most of property was tilled. After the war houses were abandoned, arable land was grassed, part of meadows and grasslands transform to forests.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help

mountain pass in region of Jesenik - mountain passes in Jesenik
    This land managed- This land is managed... and borders
    community of peaty marshes- peat marshes (I'd use 'peat', not 'peaty' and not 'community'. How about 'bogs' instead of 'marshes'?)
    in this area of Hrubý Jesenik- in this part of Hrubý Jesenik
    excel at the great generic diversity there- flourish in the genetic diversity
    Nice views of the main redge of Hrubý Jeseník and the massif of Králický Sněžník can be admired from the pass- I would just start 'There are wonderful views from the pass of...
    agriculture estate- agricultural estates (farms?)
    most of property- most of the properties
    transform to- tranformed into

aggelos is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help

Below are my suggestions. Although some corrections have already been made by Tdol, it was easier for me to include them, so I hope you understand.
    -------------

‘Přemyslovské sedlo’ is one of the most beautiful undeveloped (untouched/unspoiled?) mountain passes in the region of Jesenik/the Jesenik region.

This land (which land do you mean? Přemyslovské sedlo’ or the whole of the Jesenic region?) is managed in an ecological way, borders with a nature reserve called ‘Přemyslovské sedlo’. (This is strange! Do both the pass and the nature reserve have the same name? Or is it just another way to refer to the same place? If so, I don't understand why you'd speak of something already mentioned as if it were mentioned for the first time. Please clarify). In any case, I'd prefer something like this: This land, which is managed in an ecological way, borders...

The border of the Protected Landscape Area Jeseníky runs across the pass. The main object of protection is the (plant and animal - if that's what you mean) communities of peaty bogs with high genetic diversity and the presence of protected species of flora and fauna, which are very rare in this part of Hrubý Jesenik (which is a part of Jeseník). (Do you by any chance mean that they are rare in general, but found in this area? If so, you'll need to rephrase the sentence). Meadows with Arrhenatherum and Trisetum thrive amongst the great genetic diversity there. Nice views of the main ridge of Hrubý Jeseník and the massif of Králický Sněžník can be admired from the pass and the nearby rock formation called Tři kameny (Three stones). (What do you mean here? That you can admire these from Three Stones, too, or that you can also admire Three Rocks from the pass?)

The first settlement of the pass dates back to 1651 when Premysl of Zerotin (whence the name Premyslov(ske?) invited 13 settlers who cut down forests and began to farm. Until the Second World War there was more agricultural land than now – agricultural estates were built in the notch and most of the properties were tilled. After the war houses were abandoned, arable land was grassed, part of the meadows and grasslands (transformed into forests) were recovered by the forest.