Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 55
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    Question Help me, I'm in hurry now !!

    Please helping building these senteces :
    1 holiday/What/interested/you/kind/?
    2 man/that/He/like/people/first sight/
    3Many people/out/work/become/deprssed
    4Children/should/warned/not/speak/strangers
    5rainfall/receives/twenty-five centimeters/less/every year/desert/
    These are my homework, it takes me alots times, but I sitll have no the right answers,Please helpme, thanks alots


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,448
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: Help me, I'm in hurry now !!

    We do NOT do your homework.

    You must make an effort to do the sentences, and we will tell you if you are getting it right.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 55
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Question Re: Help me, I'm in hurry now !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    We do NOT do your homework.

    You must make an effort to do the sentences, and we will tell you if you are getting it right.
    Yes,I 've tried to do it by myself, but I don't know how to do and where to start because I' ve ever done exercises like that before

  1. Amigos4's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2007
    • Posts: 34,918
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: Help me, I'm in hurry now !!

    Quote Originally Posted by thanhthanh.esl View Post
    Please helping building these senteces :
    1 holiday/What/interested/you/kind/?
    2 man/that/He/like/people/first sight/
    3Many people/out/work/become/deprssed
    4Children/should/warned/not/speak/strangers
    5rainfall/receives/twenty-five centimeters/less/every year/desert/
    These are my homework, it takes me alots times, but I sitll have no the right answers,Please helpme, thanks alots
    thanthanh,

    Did you include all of the words from your assignment? None of the word groupings you give make sense. There are words that need to be added to each group to construct proper sentences.

    Cheers,
    Amigos4

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 55
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: Help me, I'm in hurry now !!

    Quote Originally Posted by amigos4 View Post
    thanthanh,

    Did you include all of the words from your assignment? None of the word groupings you give make sense. There are words that need to be added to each group to construct proper sentences.

    Cheers,
    Amigos4
    Yes, I tried to think, but I can't


    • Join Date: Dec 2007
    • Posts: 37
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: Help me, I'm in hurry now !!

    Quote Originally Posted by thanhthanh.esl View Post
    Please helping building these senteces :
    1 holiday/What/interested/you/kind/?
    2 man/that/He/like/people/first sight/
    3Many people/out/work/become/deprssed
    4Children/should/warned/not/speak/strangers
    5rainfall/receives/twenty-five centimeters/less/every year/desert/
    These are my homework, it takes me alots times, but I sitll have no the right answers,Please helpme, thanks alots
    All these sentences are missing particles. I can't explain it too well, I always failed English. I was more into science and math ;) Here is a website with some examples and a self test section that I think you would find helpful.
    Prepositional and adverbial particles in English grammar practice

    Also...not all your sentences appear to be in order. I'm going to take a crack at laying the sentences out for you ,and you try to put in the correct particle.

    1. What kind __ holiday ___ you interested __?
    2. He __ _ man that likes people __ first sight.
    3. Many people out __ work become depressed.
    4. Children should __ warned __ not speak __ strangers.
    5. ___ desert receives twenty-five centimeters less rainfall every year.

    That's more than enough to get you in the right direction. To do anymore would not be helping you at all. Give it your best and don't be afraid to make a mistake. We're your testing ground

  2. Amigos4's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2007
    • Posts: 34,918
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Re: Help me, I'm in hurry now !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    All these sentences are missing particles. I can't explain it too well, I always failed English. I was more into science and math ;) Here is a website with some examples and a self test section that I think you would find helpful.
    Prepositional and adverbial particles in English grammar practice

    Also...not all your sentences appear to be in order. I'm going to take a crack at laying the sentences out for you ,and you try to put in the correct particle.

    1. What kind __ holiday ___ you interested __?
    2. He __ _ man that likes people __ first sight.
    3. Many people out __ work become depressed.
    4. Children should __ warned __ not speak __ strangers.
    5. ___ desert receives twenty-five centimeters less rainfall every year.

    That's more than enough to get you in the right direction. To do anymore would not be helping you at all. Give it your best and don't be afraid to make a mistake. We're your testing ground
    Nicely done, Ravage! I bet your English grades were higher than what you are 'fessing up to!!!

    Cheers,
    Amigos4

  3. blouen's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

    • Join Date: Jun 2007
    • Posts: 3,340
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #8

    Re: Help me, I'm in hurry now !!

    :-d

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 55
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #9

    Re: Help me, I'm in hurry now !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    All these sentences are missing particles. I can't explain it too well, I always failed English. I was more into science and math ;) Here is a website with some examples and a self test section that I think you would find helpful.
    Prepositional and adverbial particles in English grammar practice
    That's more than enough to get you in the right direction. To do anymore would not be helping you at all. Give it your best and don't be afraid to make a mistake. We're your testing ground
    Thanks alot for your help, I 'll try my best ...

  4. Amigos4's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2007
    • Posts: 34,918
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #10

    Re: Help me, I'm in hurry now !!

    Quote Originally Posted by thanhthanh.esl View Post
    Thanks alot for your help, I 'll try my best ...
    thanhthanh.esl,

    Would you like to share your sentences with us? We'll be happy to offer corrections and suggestions.

    Cheers,
    Amigos4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hurry
    By Robert J. Pohl in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-Jan-2007, 20:40
  2. help me please hurry!!
    By cecilia_avalos in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-Dec-2006, 20:50
  3. hurry
    By the used in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-Feb-2006, 16:03
  4. I am hurry
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-May-2004, 19:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •