• Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sydney Opera House and psych meds

Hello everyone
    I'd like to ask about the expression "looked like the Sydney Opera House after taking some particularly good psych meds" in the following passage.

Vega watched as one of the UCPs took on a Nod tank. The latter looked like the Sydney Opera House after taking some particularly good psych meds, and its weapons turrets glowed green with ti-rock. The walker, though, did what it did best, shells pounding the sleek curves of the tank until it exploded in a green-tinged plume of fire.

I understand the passage in general -- the walking machine called UCP destroyed an enemy's tank -- but the reference to the Sydney Opera House and psych meds is unclear to me.

riverkid is offline Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sydney Opera House and psych meds

Quote Originally Posted by KLPNO View Post
    Hello everyone
    I'd like to ask about the expression "looked like the Sydney Opera House after taking some particularly good psych meds" in the following passage.

Vega watched as one of the UCPs took on a Nod tank. The latter looked like the Sydney Opera House after taking some particularly good psych meds, and its weapons turrets glowed green with ti-rock. The walker, though, did what it did best, shells pounding the sleek curves of the tank until it exploded in a green-tinged plume of fire.

I understand the passage in general -- the walking machine called UCP destroyed an enemy's tank -- but the reference to the Sydney Opera House and psych meds is unclear to me.
    The Sydney Opera House is pretty wild in design/shape/style.

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...ouse_Sails.jpg

Now imagine the Sydney Opera House, personified, and then combined with some hallucinogenic drug. That would be the outlandish design of the Nod tank. Really wild, way wilder than the Sydney Opera House.

KLPNO is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverkid View Post
    The Sydney Opera House is pretty wild in design/shape/style.

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...ouse_Sails.jpg

Now imagine the Sydney Opera House, personified, and then combined with some hallucinogenic drug. That would be the outlandish design of the Nod tank. Really wild, way wilder than the Sydney Opera House.
    Thank you very much, riverkid.

AngelArts is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes even I have heard about it. It is very unclear.