1. mei

such was likewise the case

Hi,

Could anyone help me with the underlined sentences. I am not quite sure their meanings.

Most of the editors and reporters who found themselves working in television news had backgrounds in either newspapers, the wire services or radio news organizations. Such was likewise the case for the producers and production people, although they also tend to be drawn from wire service picture desks, newsreels and picture magazines.

Thanks a lot.

Mei

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: such was likewise the case

Quote Originally Posted by mei
    Hi,

Could anyone help me with the underlined sentences. I am not quite sure their meanings.

Most of the editors and reporters who found themselves working in television news had backgrounds in either newspapers, the wire services or radio news organizations. Such was likewise the case for the producers and production people, although they also tend to be drawn from wire service picture desks, newsreels and picture magazines.

Thanks a lot.

Mei
    Most of the editors and reporters who wound up working in television news had previously worked for newspapers, the wire services or radio news organizations. The producers and production people had also worked in those areas, and additionally they had worked in the other areas mentioned (wire service picture desks, newsreels and picture magazines).
    8)