Results 1 to 8 of 8

    • Join Date: Dec 2007
    • Posts: 13
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    Could you please evaluate my pronunciation?

    I read the list of English minimal pairs in this site.
    Here's my recording; http://bubblebath80.googlepages.com/minimal.wav
    Would you please tell me how my pronunciation is?


    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 465
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: Could you please evaluate my pronunciation?

    I think you are doing very well!! Keep up the good work.


    • Join Date: Dec 2007
    • Posts: 13
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: Could you please evaluate my pronunciation?

    Thank you for the evaluation Carl!
    Is there any unclear point in my pronunciation?
    I'd like to make it clearer and improve my pronunciation.


    • Join Date: Jan 2008
    • Posts: 6
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: Could you please evaluate my pronunciation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ov28 View Post
    Thank you for the evaluation Carl!
    Is there any unclear point in my pronunciation?
    I'd like to make it clearer and improve my pronunciation.
    I have heared your voice. i can hear your pronunciation clear but i don't know the means of what you said


    • Join Date: Dec 2007
    • Posts: 13
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: Could you please evaluate my pronunciation?

    Quote Originally Posted by happyteen View Post
    I have heared your voice. i can hear your pronunciation clear but i don't know the means of what you said
    Xiexie happyteen! What I said is listed in the site I linked.

    Does anyone have comment? Have I done a perfect work?

  1. Amigos4's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2007
    • Posts: 34,162
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: Could you please evaluate my pronunciation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ov28 View Post
    Xiexie happyteen! What I said is listed in the site I linked.

    Does anyone have comment? Have I done a perfect work?
    Nicely done, Ov28!

    I live in USA and we pronounce some of the words differently. I definitely detect a British accent in words 11-14 (words with 'augh'). Is your instructor British, by chance?

    Practice #'s 16, 18, and 29. They are the only words that I noticed that need some additional practice!

    Tell me how you were able to access the minimal.wav process! I'd like to try recording something! This process amazes me!

    Keep practicing, my friend! You are doing very well!

    Cheers,
    Amigos 4


    • Join Date: Dec 2007
    • Posts: 13
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Re: Could you please evaluate my pronunciation?

    Quote Originally Posted by amigos4 View Post
    Nicely done, Ov28!

    I live in USA and we pronounce some of the words differently. I definitely detect a British accent in words 11-14 (words with 'augh'). Is your instructor British, by chance?

    Practice #'s 16, 18, and 29. They are the only words that I noticed that need some additional practice!

    Tell me how you were able to access the minimal.wav process! I'd like to try recording something! This process amazes me!

    Keep practicing, my friend! You are doing very well!

    Cheers,
    Amigos 4
    Thanks for your quick reply amigos4!
    Yes, I adopt RP in my pronounciation.
    The reasons are following;
    1)The 90% of my English teachers comes from Britain.
    2)The sounds of the English loanwords in Japanese is more similar to RP than
    to GA. However, to be honest, both are far from the original readings.
    When we pronounce English words, we add vowels to every consonants.
    ie)We say soo-toh-rah-i-koo for strike.

    As for minimal.wav process,
    1)record your voice with a digital voice record.
    2)Sign-up Google Page.
    3)Host the file.

  2. Amigos4's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2007
    • Posts: 34,162
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #8

    Re: Could you please evaluate my pronunciation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ov28 View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply amigos4!
    Yes, I adopt RP in my pronounciation.
    The reasons are following;
    1)The 90% of my English teachers comes from Britain.
    2)The sounds of the English loanwords in Japanese is more similar to RP than
    to GA. However, to be honest, both are far from the original readings.
    When we pronounce English words, we add vowels to every consonants.
    ie)We say soo-toh-rah-i-koo for strike.

    As for minimal.wav process,
    1)record your voice with a digital voice record.
    2)Sign-up Google Page.
    3)Host the file.
    Ov28,

    Could you provide a little more guidance with the following?:
    As for minimal.wav process,
    1)record your voice with a digital voice record. How do I do this?
    2)Sign-up Google Page. What URL do I use?
    3)Host the file.


    Thanks!

    Cheers,
    Amigos4



Similar Threads

  1. The Pronunciation Rules and The Writing System
    By M.Mozaffary in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-Mar-2009, 23:27
  2. Better ways to teach pronunciation.
    By elbe in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-Sep-2007, 05:09
  3. How should we look on pronunciation?
    By phoenixtree in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-Dec-2004, 03:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •