Post Thanks / Like

Default artificial/cultured

Are you looking for natural pearls or ___ pearls?
    (1) artificial (2) cultured
    Answer: (2)

I think both are OK. But cultivated pearls are more genuine than artificial ones. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Your cultured pearl is a genuine pearl. Human aided nature a bit by inserting a small object into a live oyster. The oyster will form a calcium deposit around the intruder to protect itself. This is your cultured pearl. You will very rarely find "real" pearls.

Your artificial pearl is man made. Some of them are rather real lookin and fairly expensive but they do not retain the luster of the real thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Danke sehr.

I've seen the process of how a cultured pearl being made. One takes 6 months long!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blacknomi
    Danke sehr.

I've seen the process of how a cultured pearl being made. One takes 6 months long!
    And a lucky woman will enjoy wearing it a long time.

My grandmother told me not to accept pearls as presents as they are tears and will make me cry. I call them tears of joy and treassure them.

Post Thanks / Like

How lovely.We have a song for children

"Baby baby, don't you cry
    Tears are pearls
    If you cry too much
    You'll marry an uneducated guy."

I didn't have tears when I heard this as a teen-age girl. But a few years ago, I went to see a stage performance. When they sang the song, I wore a bunch of calcium deposit on my face. My mother has a big one, she forced me to wear it on my best friend's wedding. I personally don't appreciate it much because I don't like its color. Black is the worst in life. Wondering why those super stars wear black suits from head all the way to toes. The only thing I can think of is black makes you look thinner. Color Psychology wonders! hehe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blacknomi
    How lovely.We have a song for children

"Baby baby, don't you cry
    Tears are pearls
    If you cry too much
    You'll marry an uneducated guy."

I didn't have tears when I heard this as a teen-age girl. But a few years ago, I went to see a stage performance. When they sang the song, I wore a bunch of calcium deposit on my face. My mother has a big one, she forced me to wear it on my best friend's wedding. I personally don't appreciate it much because I don't like its color. Black is the worst in life. Wondering why those super stars wear black suits from head all the way to toes. The only thing I can think of is black makes you look thinner. Color Psychology wonders! hehe.

I wore a bunch of calcium deposits on my face
    Pure poetry! Thank you. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering why those super stars wear black suits from head all the way to toes.
    Maybe they don't want to look like a car salesman ?

FRC