• Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Question Style

Dear teachers!I'm writing to one of the greatest scholars in my city asking about an Islamic Injunction as to doing masah on socks during a journey. Since I'm writing this kind of formal letter to someone importan for the first time, I'm a little confused about my structure of the sentence (grammar). Please help me to choose the best question style.The situation is that:According to Islamic Injunction a traveller is allowed to continue with his masah ( wiping on socks with wet hands instead of washing his feet) for three days and nights. Now, my question is what's the rule for a traveller who comes back from the journey before the three days and nights are over. Here are my choices; which of these do you think would be the best ( or more formal and grammatical) choice?1. What should a traveller do if he returns home only a day and night after he begun Masah on socks?2. What should a traveller do if he starts doing Masah on socks and returns home only after one day and night?3. If a traveller starts doing Masah on socks and returns home only after one day and night, what should he do?Best regards!Dawood

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question Style

Quote Originally Posted by dawoodusmani View Post

1. What should a traveller do if he returns home only a day and night after he began Masah on socks?

2. What should a traveller do if he starts doing Masah on socks but returns home only after one day and night?

3. If a traveller starts doing Masah on socks and returns home only after one day and night, what should he do?
    Of your three options, #2 is the clearest and most logical, and the one I would go with after making the change.