• Post Thanks / Like

Motivation Letter - Feedback appreciated

Hi

Its a little bit technical but would be thankful about feedback to my Cover Letter.
    Thanks;)

Dear Sir or Madame,

Following an informative e-mail correspondence with Ms. Jennie Mustermann, I am writing to apply for an internship in your CPU Design Group (Ref: XXXX). Since I have been working in the field of computer science, XXX has always been known to me for its wide range of excellent RISC microprocessors. Not surprisingly, we have in our research group at the University of XXX two XXX development boards which we plan
    to use for future projects. I am excited about the possibility of being an intern with such a company.

During my first year as a PhD student at the university of XXX, I have acquired skills and experiences highly relevant to the intership position in your CPU group. I designed a first prototype of a 32-bit RISC microprocessor using the LISA machine description language. The architecture is tailored towards efficient execution of cryptographic workloads. The design has been sythesised with the Xilinx Sythesis
    Technology for a Virtex-II FPGA and I used Xilinx's Chipscope for in-circuit
    verification.

In addition, your work requires experience with a hardware description language. For my master thesis project, I implemented a coprocessor in VHDL that performs high speed elliptic curve cryptography. The results of this work were presented at the Workshop on XXX.

To further acquaint you with the specifies of my background I am enclosing
    my curriculum vitae. If you have any questions or require any additional information, please feel free to contact me at 000-00000 or by e-mail EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motivation Letter - Feedback appreciated

No one :(

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Dear Sir or Madame,

Following an informative e-mail correspondence with Ms. Jennie Mustermann, I am writing to apply for an internship in your CPU Design Group (Ref: XXXX). Since I have been working in the field of computer science, XXX has always been known to me for its wide range of excellent RISC microprocessors. Not surprisingly, we have two XXX development boards in our research group at the University of XXX which we plan to use for future projects. I am excited about the possibility of being an intern with such a company.

During my first year as a PhD student at the university of XXX, I acquired skills and experiences highly relevant to the intership position in your CPU group. I designed a first prototype of a 32-bit RISC microprocessor using the LISA machine description language. The architecture is tailored towards efficient execution of cryptographic workloads. The design has been sythesised with the Xilinx Sythesis Technology for a Virtex-II FPGA and I used Xilinx's Chipscope for in-circuit verification.

In addition, the posted internship requires experience with a hardware description language. For my master thesis project, I implemented a coprocessor in VHDL that performs high speed elliptic curve cryptography. The results of this work were presented at the Workshop on XXX.

To further acquaint you with the specifics of my background, I am enclosing
    my curriculum vitae. If you have any questions or require any additional information, please feel free to contact me at 000-00000 or by e-mail EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Good job - good luck to you, also!

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

also . . . Masters thesis

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susiedqq View Post
    also . . . Masters thesis
    Thanks for your helpful feedback susiedqq ;)