Help with Late Application Letter Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

stdominicsavio

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello All,

I am desperate for a good letter to persuade a government department to accept my late application for my child in order to sit an exam to get into a good selective school. My reasons are very persuasive but I just don't know how to give an overall good formal letter . I have already written a draft. My english or grammar has become very poor after staying home for 10 years.

Thank you
stdominicsavio

Sorry thought it was best to give you all my draft.
Dear Sir / Madam,

Please accept my apologies for this very late application. In satisfying your criteria for accepting this application, I ask you consider the following reasons.

Due to my daughter attending a Non Government Primary School I was not aware of the fact that St. George Girls High School, Kogarah, was a selective highschool and all the enrolment requirements that came with it. I, as a soon to be first time Highschool student parent am not very familiar with how highschools assess their future Year 7 students especially Government schools. It was by chance that I made the time on Friday 1st February to start ringing around for local all girls highschool. At this point I thought I was months ahead in planning.However I was told on that day by St. George Girls Highschool that I was already late in applying. I understand that my daughter is already behind in studying for the selective test, but I trust that she and I working together can use the remaining weeks efficiently to familiarize herself with the contents of this test. I persevere in this matter because as a good parent, it is my duty to do right by her and ensure that this application is successful.

I can only hope that you will be in our favour and consider this late application.

Thank you for your time.

Yours Faithfully

Last edited:

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
Welcome to the forums

Hello All,

I am desperate for a good letter to persuade a government department to accept my late application for my child in order to sit an exam to get into a good selective school. My reasons are very persuasive but I just don't know how to give an overall good formal letter . I have already written a draft. My english or grammar has become very poor after staying home for 10 years.

Thank you
stdominicsavio

Sorry thought it was best to give you all my draft.
Dear Sir / Madam,

Please accept my apologies for this very late application. In assessing this application, I ask you consider the following reasons.

Due to my daughter attending a Non-Government Primary School I was not aware of the fact that St. George Girls High School, Kogarah, was a selective high school nor of all the enrolment requirements. As a soon to be first time high school student parent, I am not very familiar with how high schools assess their future Year 7 students, especially those from Government schools. It was by chance that I made the time on Friday 1st February to start ringing around for local all girls high schools. At this point I thought I was months ahead in planning.However I was told on that day by St. George Girls High School that I was already late in applying.

I understand that my daughter is already behind in studying for the selective test, but I trust that she and I working together can use the remaining weeks efficiently to familiarize her with the contents of this test. I persevere in this matter because, as a good parent, it is my duty to do right by her and ensure that this application is successful.

I can only hope that you will be understanding of my problem and will consider this late application.

Thank you for your time.

Yours Faithfully

stdominicsavio

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi there I just want to say Thank You very Much for the help. I was very impressed. I will be recommending this forum to all I know who may need it.

Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.