aquilotto is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please Review Recommendation Letter

Hi All,

I wrote the attached recommendation letter and I need a soft review, since I am italian and I'm not english mother tongue.

The letter is preatty long, but I hope it is quite well written.

After the review please re-attach the file.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards

Lorenzo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please Review Recommendation Letter

Please find the attached amendments. All of them are made in red. If you want to approve/disapporve them, use the track changes options.

One remark:

I could not understand what you meant by two sentences that are underlined in the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please Review Recommendation Letter

Here's part of it with suggested corrections -

Question N.1 - How long and in what capacity have you known the candidate?

I met Lorenzo at the University in 1998 and since then we have cultivated a strong friendship which culminated in 2006 when we structured a mutual agreement in order to manage some business related projects. Since then, our professional relationship has been reinforced by his knowledge of corporate finance, more advanced and systematic than mine, since I am more used to dealing with fiscal matters. I collaborated with Lorenzo in two different projects: during the first project, that lasted for six months, we performed a merger of two companies in January 2006 that operated in the fiield of industrial plant design, creating a new company with an asset of 150 million and 1200 employees. In the second project, which lasted four months, we created a Trust with an asset of 85 million in real estate, stocks, bonds and cash.

Question N.2 - If this is a work related reference, in what position is/was the candidate employed and for how long?

While being involved in these projects, we worked closely together for ten months, five days a week, twelve hours a day. During both projects Lorenzo was the manager and I was in charge of optimizing the fiscal impact on the corporate structure. In both the first and second project, I was in charge of studying and designing the Trust's fiscal structure.

Question N.3 - Please elaborate below or in a separate letter on the evaluation you have given above and provide any additional clarification about the applicant, which you consider would be helpful to the Admissions Committee.

Intellectual or Academic Ability

Lorenzo has an extremely flexible and vivid intellectual ability. I realized his aptitude for study, research and in-depth examination when we were at the University and now, I find he uses the very same approach in the projects we structured, characterized by very specific technical issues, where intellectual and academic ability come first. His intellectual ability matches his rigorous training in managerial skills and his ability to adapt to different conditions.

Competence in current position

Lorenzo's competence as project leader and manager clearly demonstrates that he can live up to every situation. I had the clear perception that our clients trusted all the proposals suggested by Lorenzo. When our clients asked Lorenzo specific questions related to our work, he always managed to demonstrate confidence and precision, thanks to his competent nature.

Oral Communication Skills

Lorenzo has a very clear and concise way of expressing himself. He is able to do that, thanks to an innate ability to enter into dialogue with others with ease. His approach does not change, whether he speaks with a colleague or with the CEO of the company. Lorenzo always personalized his style, knowing how to put his counterpart at ease. I remember a particular incident where one Board of Director member asked too many questions about every single detail of the planned merger. Lorenzo answered each and every question in a flawless and confident manner, making everyone feel more secure in conducting the operation as Lorenzo proposed.