All the others are fine and colloquial.Dear teachers,
There are 28 sentences. Would you tell me whether they are written properly as well as they could be taken in the full sense of the word in your area?
1. His voice had risen until he was almost shouting.
2. The bar was crammed with men accompanied here and there by handsomely dressed women, the air was thick with smoke, everyone was talking at the top of their voices.
3. He had a big dark voice that filled the spaces of concert halls and made the glass sticks of the chandelier shudder.
4. They were talking in whispering. whispers
5. Anthony dropped his voice to a piercing whisper.
6. They talked in the hushed voices that Miriam had taught them to use in shops.
7. Joy would hear her mother call, “Come on in”, and then they would talk for a while in low voices that were indistinguishable in the bathroom.
8. Her voice was too low for me to hear what she said.
9. He was speaking slowly and almost without moving his lips.
10. He began reading to himself. He formed the words silently with his lips.
11. He always answered at extreme speed, as though the questions were reflected instantaneously off the front of his head.
12. She collected herself, and spoke to me with exaggerated firmness.
13. He spoke without inhibition.
14. He spoke lightly, but with immense confidence.
15. His tone was hushed but not at all sleepy.
16. His tone was clear and final.
17. Her voice was firm and decided.
18. Her voice sounded high and gentle.
19. John refused to answer any questions, gently but firmly.
20. A hard-bitten character, Dickson tendered to speak his mind bluntly; he was always sparing in his praise for the work of others.
21. To speak freely and candidly.
22. Allow me to speak frankly.
23. Freedom of speech is the concept of being able to speak freely without censorship.
24. Within the first week my mother started speak more coherently.
25. How to speak correctly?
26. Why people speak English fluently when they are drunk? Why do people... OR How can people...
27. How can our president speak so glibly about 10 more years in Iraq?
28. Indeed they find honor in it and spoke of it openly.
Thank you in advance for your efforts.
- For Teachers